Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Build Threads

Build Threads The place to put a truck build thread that is constantly updated.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #41
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Looks like a zombie appocolypse truck! But seriously, its looking sick!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #42
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

I remember crunching my evap system on a ledge in rural Phoenix almost a decade ago. If only ma Mopar woulda thought the mount design through just a bit better.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #43
swirvin21
V6 Member

Thought you guys would like to see a few shots when I didn't have a trailer loaded and hooked up!

swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #44
swirvin21
V6 Member

Been a little slower lately on upgrading stuff....BUT I did manage to get the gooseneck installed! A shout-out to the wonderful people at BLUE OX for introducing me to their product. http://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck/Blue-Ox/DH1104.html
I had never even heard of them and I'm shocked at how great it is!!! Fits the short bed PERFECT and I don't have to reach under the nasty bed to pull the ball- just climb in the bed and flip it....a TRUE 1 PERSON JOB!!!!

Also wanted to show off how low-profile my low profile rubber runflats are! You don't have to pull them or cut them to drive on the street....though it will save weight to cut them down, it will take a ton of flex to have any contact occur!!!

You can see how they only go a few inches past the bead, not even to the name plate on the Bajas....plenty of room to air down to 5-10psi in my mind. However, they are a bit heavy, so I'm working on finding someone with a large lathe who can turn them down and make them easier to remove/install.

Will be installing bumper this weekend on the White and getting a few more things ready for my 2K trip to Chicago and Cleveland...talk about a test drive!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #45
swirvin21
V6 Member

After a long 4 day road trip I'm back home! It was great to meet Danny @ DOR finally, I recommend anyone to try and sneak by if you are in the area.

So basically I made a 2,000 mile trip in the White Ram and it did perfectly until the last 500 miles. Seems there is a power steering leak at the box somewhere and I had a little trans fluid puke out around the converter, but not enough to lower the level to "fill." I'm fairly certain dropping in the new Borgeson box with fix the steering, but not sure about what could cause the torque converter to spit up like that on the way home. Ideas?

Good news is I came back with some goodies and am trying to figure out how or if I can make them fit. I am now the proud owner of a Ford NP205 already converted to twin stick with cable shifters and a 2.7:1 Klune-V unit! Should make a great doubler unit.

And a lovely set of 46" Goodyears on Stazworks 20x14 double beadlocks that I can hopefully make fit!

Had to do the poser photo!! LOL

You think someone could move this to the build thread section??
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #46
fastnnuffrt
Jesse

I could tuck those on the r/t!!

2011 Ram R/T
Vararam, 2/5 Belltech drop, Black factory 22s,
One badass daily driver
fastnnuffrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #47
swirvin21
V6 Member

Come on over! I'd love to see it. Be like the old school funny car!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #48
swirvin21
V6 Member

Ok...I managed to get enough trimmed off the rear bed to get this bumper temporarily installed and now I don't like it! Gggrrrr. Need suggestions on how to mod it. Thinking about either doing some cuts and bending the ends flat and doing some trimming up at the corners, also considering just making some sort of modular center unit and then adding corner protection later on. I'm installing it like this for a future winch I would like to install in between the rails. Already have some ideas on that and tucking in a rear trailer hitch crossmember for misc stuff....

So whip out your paint or image program and make that stuff look good....I can trim a little more from the rear bed body panel and from under the tail lamps, but not much as I'd like to keep some meat under the lamps and in the rear body panel for strength. I will also be moving it up slightly and trimming some fat on it to fit better under the bed.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #49
swirvin21
V6 Member

Not much done, been selling the last of my 37" military tires, only have 2 sets left and I'm DONE.....made a little $$$ to spend on Ram and TJ.

Will have the new bumper soon, decided to cut it down narrow and then in 1/2 horizontally to make it shorter, then weld it back up and slap it on. Will be making ALOT more progress now that I have a new welder at home and not messing with tires as much.

Plans right now are:
-install DIY4X shackle flip
-shift bed forward 1.5" and box frame back to bed to stop bed-cab flex
-finish rear bumper
-prep doubler for install, then start fabbing new crossmember and skids
-strip Dana 80 of all brackets, paint & prep for rebuild
-install 5.13s, Detroit and new seals/bearings and drop in Ram
-strip SuperDuty F450 D60 for swap into Ram
-pull and swap axles
-new driveshafts
-new front 5 link and long arms
-Coil-overs in the front!!!
-new brake lines

Once I have it driveable in 2WD I'll focus on getting the Ram axles under the TJ and then start saving up to do a JANA 76 install in the front w/ Dana 70 HP 5.13s and whatever locker I decide....ARB, Detroit

That's my long-ass plan as of right now. Doubt any of it will go according to plan, as usual. This year will be spent building Ram and TJ, prep for moving and selling house...hopefully a little wheeling sprinkled in!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #50
swirvin21
V6 Member

So it's been too long since I've updated this...

White Ram is currently getting a Borgeson box, steering shaft & DOR brace installed as it started puking fluid pretty regular and I found a BIG puddle after a trip last week. Been slow as I had to take a break and pick up a new load I got off the government! So here are going to be the new seats for both my TJ project and the Ram...considering trying to fit 1 or 2 in the back seat as well, but not important right now.

They are MasterCraft Defense suspension seats complete with sliders and "H" harnesses. These things are awesome! They are slightly larger than a standard width seat to accommodate a typical military profile complete w/ flak and LBV, so they are slightly wider and taller. Feel like they may have a little extra cushion as well...which I can't complain about.

I have 10 extra seats available if someone is interested, but I'm giving priority to former or current military. I have decided that I am going to be building the Black Ram as a military tribute truck and will be trying to incorporate as many military vehicle parts into the build as a way to advertise and raise funds for Wounded Warrior Project. I hope to travel some and work with them to do fundraisers in the future. As such, the truck has finally been named:
"Hard Corps." If any of you run across any military memorabilia that you think will help please let me know.