Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Exterior

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Default Here we go again...

Well, tomorrow morning I'm dropping my stuff off for paint...again. I'm dropping my shaved tailgate, two-piece billet fuel door, and all my interior plastics off to Mike, my painter.

The tailgate was shaved by a friend at work's brother-in-law who did great on the shave but terrible on the paint. The first time he tried to blend it and it looked like hell (remember Tim?) The second time he painted the whole thing but it is about a half a shade (I don't know if that exists) darker than the truck and the metallic is laid down horribly.

The fuel door was also done by that guy and the metallic is ok, but it is also dark and the other day I chipped it.

The interior parts have been done so many times it is insane. First by me, the second and third times by the other guy, and the fourth time (right before MWMM) by Mike. I honestly think the extreme temperatures and my anxiousness to install them caused the problems I have now. I'm not going back with the two-tone look though since the black has almost all of the problems I'm just going to go all gray.

Here goes nothing!