Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > General

Old 07-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
swirvin21
V6 Member

Default Selling my Rams & Jeep, Need Help on Pricing

With everything going on with my move and new baby girl coming in December, looks like I will need to thin the herd some. Looking to sell the White Ram, Jeep TJ and/or possibly the Black Ram. Looking for some input on what the going rates are for these. What they are selling for, not necessarily what they are worth. I'm open to ideas, swapping parts around, etc....so if you're interested let me know. I'll start a for sale thread after I have an idea on prices.

1999 Jeep TJ 4.0L 5spd 3.73 D30/35, mostly stock, aftermarket bumpers, runs/drives, a/c blows cold, couple dents on the underside in fuel tank and oil pan, but nothing really wrong with it. Has just over 130K I believe, no top, 1/2 doors, Smittybilt trail cover w/ door flaps, have soft top upper doors in black and OEM soft top hardware/hoops. Can add additional parts or subtract based on buyer. Have TeraFlex TeraLow NP231 4:1 transfer case w/ SYE and CV driveshaft (these are loose, Jeep has stock T-case and driveshaft right now). Also have some boatsides not currently installed, windshield frame aluminum guards, 1" body lift not installed, roller tires and 15" OEM wheels on Jeep. Front seats are gone, but have custom MasterCraft military suspension seats that I can include, stock gray carpet in good shape and other misc parts. Has 2-3" lift kit w/ Rancho shocks, etc.

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 V10 Quad Cab 4x4 Short bed SLT 3.54s 60/70 axles that has been pretty much completely rebuilt. Has gooseneck hitch that has never been used, rebuilt trans, new converter, solenoid conversion w/ shift kit, K&N air intake, new battery, all new seals in motor, wires/plugs, new exhaust w/ converters and Flowmaster, good body, no/little rust, vinyl floor, great condition seats swapped in, 3rd gen aluminum 17" wheels w/ 265/75R17 Michelin E rated tires with plenty of tread, all new u-joints, driveshaft rebuilt, NP241DLD w/ new seals, column lower bushing upgrade, nerf bars. Motor and trans have less than 130K, but truck has over 200K on odometer. Majority of sensors swapped out or changed when completely gone through. Have a DT Profab trackbar, Road Armor bumpers, Borgeson box and steering shaft and a few others parts that I may remove based on buyer. Could probably continue to list more, but my thread answers alot!

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 V8 5.9L Quad Cab 4x4 short bed Sport that I have built since 2004. Trans rebuilt in 2005, axles have been upgraded to: 4.88s, ARBs, chromos throughout, EMS conversion in front, Moser chromos in rear, 35 spline conversion front and rear, brakes and everything upgraded, 1 piece CAD delete conversion. 2.5" Skyjacker kit with full rear leaf replacement, Magnafow exhaust complete kit, NP241DHD t-case, 2" body lift, fender and body trimming, DT profab .5" extended front control arms, Line-X bedlined in bed-over rails and on rockers, custom front/rear bumpers, custom bed liner and reinforced grille, 140K roughly, Plenum plate conversion, Mopar air cleaner intake, custom aluminum radiator, Borgeson steering shaft, new Mopar box (NOT REBUILT), 98 HD tow kit and HD steering, HD trans cooler, a/c cold, trailer brake controller, custom stereo with all new interior speakers, etc etc etc....Can swap out axles, move, add or remove parts based on buyer.

Appreciate any input you guys can give on what they might sell for realistically... Sad sad day, I know...
swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
swirvin21
V6 Member

I would need to get $5000 out of the White Ram to break even. Looks like around $6000 for the Black Ram w/o the current axles, but could swap in a set of 4.10 tons for that price. On the Jeep I can sell everything for $6000 including spare 4:1 tcase, all parts, boatsides, etc. Are those numbers anywhere near reasonable???
Old 07-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

I think your numbers are realistic if you have some time to market the vehicles. The jeep could be a hard sell considering it has no top, but replacement seats in jeeps don't seem to turn away buyers. The black truck is probably where you'll be hard pressed, with over 200k on the truck, you lose alot of prospective buyers before they even read anything else. I think $6k may be attainable, but not easily. I base this on the fact that I picked up my 2002 2500 for $6800 with 103k miles on it and immaculate interior and could have picked it up for $5300 but instead had them replace and paint the passenger door. I think you could get $5000 for the white ram, but I would list it for a little higher to allow for some play because I believe some buyers may be willing to pay more than $5000
Old 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
swirvin21
V6 Member

Thanks... the Black Ram actually has around 140K on her, the White Ram is the one with over 200K on the body and axles but only about 120K on the trans and engine.

See I thought the Jeep would be the easiest sell in this market. It runs and drives, is missing very little in terms of parts and has not had any major modifications done that would not allow it to be returned to stock easily. I have a ton of high end aftermarket parts for it that aren't installed either, so I think I have plenty of room to negotiate.

As for the Rams, I'm personally attached to the Black one, but with as much work and upgrades as I've put into the White Ram, I think it may be best to try and sell the Black if given the choice. Especially if I can find a younger teenage driver wanting a big bad ass truck...LOL.

If anyone knows a buyer I'll gladly pay a finder's fee!!!!!