Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Exterior

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
myoung84
Super Moderator

Default Did some painting this weekend

Nothing big, just tinted my turn signals on my new tow mirrors and paint matched my antenna cover.

The turn signals were painted with some spray tint I bought at Hobby Lobby in the model section. I put on a little more than I originally wanted and it's hard to see the signals in the daylight, but I think it looks much better. I did not clear these, the spray tint comes out looking pretty good. This should have been a cheap mod but ended up costing me about $40... You have to remove the outside convex mirror to get to the screw holding the light in place. The passenger side popped off like it was supposed to but the driver side shattered when I tried to remove it. Guess I pulled it at a weird angle. $33 later, I have a new piece of glass...

The antenna cover was sanded smooth and painted with some paint I had mixed at OReilly Auto. It's close but not a perfect match. Close enough for my headlights since they don't touch any other paint, but for something right up against the original paint, you can tell a slight difference.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote