Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Build Threads

Build Threads The place to put a truck build thread that is constantly updated.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
myoung84
Super Moderator

X2! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
swirvin21
V6 Member

Been too long since I've updated this thread. I actually have managed to get a few things done, but just haven't updated it. I'll try to do that over the next few days.

The biggest thing has been a Borgeson box conversion on the White Ram. Ordered it from DOR, along with a Borgeson shaft since I have enjoyed the Borg shaft on the Black Ram fro years! Hardest part was getting the pitman off, ended up breaking 2 pullers, renting one that failed to get it off and just taking the whole unit out and having a local shop press it off for $20....grrrr! I need a press at the new house!

I highly recommend that you spray a coat of clear on the Borgeson shaft before install as my old one looks bad after a few years, even though it's fine I'm sure. I just coated all the surfaces and then made sure everything moved freely before install.

I made sure the box was centered before install and had the wheel strapped in place. I ended up moving the shaft slightly on the gear input to recenter without taking in much on the drag link. The box is wider than the Saginaw, so you have to take in the drag link about 3/4" if I remember correctly. I had the front on jacks and actually left the drag link as long as possible for better turning radius and moved the shaft to center it on the box.

After driving it for the last few weeks, it has really improved steering!! Well worth the cost and effort, plus the puddle is gone now from my steering box! Here are some pics along with the new DOR steering brace. Shouldn't have to worry about anything kicking up on the road and hitting the box EVER again...

Very happy! Plenty beefy!!!

swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote