View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
405.7RAM

Default 2009-2010 factory recalls

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
If the driveshaft spins but the truck has no power to the ground, there is a good chance nothing is wrong with the transmission. Knowing that there is a recall on the pinion nut hopefully that's what it is because recalls fall on the manufacturer's expense. If that's what it is, the only thing that should cost you is maybe the tow.
I am pretty sure it has to do with the rear axle just not sure if its due to the pinion... Every complaint I have read talks about the rear end locking up and but mine just does absolutely nothing so my worry is that it is not the pinion gear... How ever my insurance cover'd the tow and I am still having the dealership fix the recall. I figure once they pop open the pumpkin they'll know for sure... I should find out by the end of the day though!! Ill keep you guys posted as to the problem but I highly suggest to anyone who owns an 09-10 to check and see if their truck has been recalled, it sounds like some people have wrecked/ totaled their trucks because of this recall

Thanks guys!!
405.7RAM is offline   Reply With Quote