View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #71
swirvin21
V6 Member

Figure while I'm at it I'll update a little on the Rams as well. Haven't done much, but have gotten a few important things done I'm happy to say. I managed to get the transmission leak FIXED!!!

It turned out to be 2 leaks actually: 1 at the torque converter seal and bushing as predicted, which required the replacement of the torque converter as well as the seal and bushing. Picked it up from the shop only to find things still leaking...so I took it back on Memorial Day week and left it for awhile to let them have some time to find where. Turns out that the seal at the shifter was leaking and therefore it only leaked when it sat. They took care of that and so far I have NO PROBLEMS!!! They even drilled out the check ball in the pressure line as I had talked about. Under a grand...can't share the exact price, but I can pass along the shop info to anyone interested.

So now that the trans is fixed, I'll have to fix the A/C, then swap in the new axles and finish out the suspension conversions. Hopefully that will make me a good, comfortable tow rig out of the White Ram. Went with Rancho 9000s for now just so I can adjust the valving between heavy loads and play with what feels best. Also put in the order for the Daystar air bag bellows, not sure when those will get here though...

Black Ram....dam, not much to share I'm afraid. Hardly had time to touch her. Need to do some basic maintenance: pack front bearings, change out diff fluids, change out brake lines for longer ones, go ahead and lengthen/check vents and other random small stuff.

In terms of actual modifications, I'm going to go ahead and install the frame side long arm brackets either in the designed location or slightly forward in the position I plan on running them for the swap. I need to do measurements and see how it will work first, but my thought was to either install in the forward position and just extend the links later or install in the rear position thinking the links will remain the same length. Probably would be better to install in the front position so I can tailor the lengths with the 4 link calculator. Plus... I can use the brackets to build my rocker sliders and tie them into the frame better and stronger. Which is probably the better reason.

So unfortunately that's all there is on the Dodge front...little or no progress
swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote