View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #94
swirvin21
V6 Member

Okay, so after being lazy and not posting these up and being out of town without internet, here's the flatbed! If any of you guys can help me find some quality LED lamps for this that won't eat up all of my money I'd be very appreciative! I also need some help figuring out exactly what resistors or any other parts I may need to add to convert over to LEDs on my '03. Heard a number of people say it's a little bit of work since the lighting setup is all weird computerized and crap...

Anyways..here's the peep show! Gonna start working on the paint job here soon as I'm getting hammered by my wife on this thing looking like the "Joker Mobile" with the almost purple and green :shaking:

Have 4 2.5" stop/turn/tail lamps at the bottom rear, 8 smaller 1" or 1.5" marker lamps (3 in rear, 4 on each side) and 4 2.5" white reverse/cargo lamps on the top headache rack.

Need to figure out how to do the gas filler as well....suggestions are appreciated!

Unfortunately, the one thing I'm not sure about is how the bed is mounted to the truck. The previous owner had it setup as a bolt-on flat-bed with a crappy weld on a nut and square steel over each bed mount.... I don't know that it is capable of handling a large weight on a gooseneck with this setup, just not looking all too safe in my mind!

Here are just a few pics showing how BAD this is setup!! issed: :roflmao: :jerkit:

swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote