View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
myoung84
Super Moderator

Default New Wheels. New Tires. New Pics.

Latest mod is new wheels and tires. Went with 17x8.5, 0mm offset, Method Double Standards with 35x12.50 Cooper Discoverer STT tires. Also bought a 5th for the factory steel spare, which barely fits under the truck, but it fits. So far I'm really impressed with the tires. I had originally ordered Toyo AT II's in the same size but they were back-ordered at least 8 weeks so I made the decision to go with the Coopers instead, and I'm glad I did. They ride really good on road with 45/40 psi front and rear and are pretty quiet. I didn't see any mud yesterday since it's been so dry but they should do great in. High speed rough trail driving was surprisingly smooth with the new tires and suspension. There's also no rubbing anywhere while turning and while at full stuff.

My only complaint is I think the center cap sticks out a bit too far. I may try to modify them a little, but I first need to find out how expensive they are before I ruin one. Just eyeballing the clearances, I should be able to push them in about an inch and a half, maybe more. I may also end up swapping out the bolts from brass to stainless. Last complaint is with Diablo. They still are unable to adjust the TPMS threshold so I get a constant reminder that my tires are low. I hope they can fix this soon.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote