View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #163
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Alright fellas, I'm back.

No, I'm not an admin, or even a member of the staff anymore. I honestly just don't have time to responsibly manage a site right now. Jeremy has taken over for me and I really appreciate it.

Anyway, the truck is still here. In February I wrecked it while taking a friend home. We were on partially melted ice in his neighborhood and slid through a corner, striking a wood post mail box. I had damage to the hood, driver side fender, and grill. Obviously I was upset, but I had (HAD) a good painter who I knew would treat me fairly. The very short version is that it took three tries to get the paint right and when he buffed the clear the last time, something was obviously on his pad that left terrible swirl marks.

In essence, the truck sat until August 23-25. Since my son went back to school, I had Fridays free and started on Friday 23 at 8:30 and didn't finish until sometime Sunday. I literally put about 20 hours into the truck's finish.

Here was the process:

Power wash at a coin-op
Two bucket wash with Meguiar's Ultimate
Clay bar with Meguiar's
Two-stage buff with Adam's system
Buff with Meguiar's 205
Seal with Chemical Guy's Deep Reflections XP (machine buff)
Wax with Chemical Guy's Extreme Depth Liquid Carnuba (machine buff)
and a final wipe down

All buffing was done with a Porter Cable 7424xp.

Here was the result:

Anyway, I still have a couple of things planned for the truck and I should be around more often than I have been lately.