Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #241
myoung84
Super Moderator

I need to vent a little. I apologize in advance, this is a long story.

We were at the lake this weekend for my wife's grandpa's birthday. He has a trailer right off lake Eufaula that we stay at all the time (Me, my wife, her mom, sister, and step-dad). There were some more of my in-laws there as well, including my wife's uncle and his dumb-ass 18 year old son. We all had a pretty good time with the whole party thing, I grilled some burgers (as usual) and we did the whole cake and gift thing. Her uncle and I talked a little about my 4 wheeler since it's the first time he's seen it. He asks if he could ride it and I of course don't have a problem with and tell him keys are in it, have fun. Then my wife's cousin (the dumb-ass mentioned earlier) asks to ride. Me being the nice guy that I am say yes. He rides for a little while then comes back, all is well. Then a couple hours goes by and he asks to ride it again. Me knowing how much of a dumb-ass spoiled brat he is tell him to be careful, no water above the floor boards and don't flip it. He's gone for about 20 minutes and I start to get worried. Then his GF/Baby Momma of 2 gets a call and he says there was a problem with the 4 wheeler and he's ok now and heading back. It's about 5 minutes before she finally tells me that he flipped it, by this point I am am pretty pissed.

He gets back and I can already see some damage. He parks, gets off, and doesn't say a damn thing to me at first! I give it a quick look and notice the plastic dash pod is smashed, the handle bars are bent down, and there's a bunch of new scratches. He finally opens his dumb-ass mouth and says he was just driving it on level ground and hit the brakes and it flipped forward. I have put over 100 miles on it and know for a fact that that is impossible. His dumb-ass has driving down an entirely too steep hill hit something, and flipped it. I know he was flying too because the front and back bumpers aren't even scratched, it landed straight on top of the handle bars, and him too apparently. I wish it would have broken some ribs, but no luck with that. A 700 lbs 4 wheeler landing you should have broken something...

He stood there right in front of me and blamed it on my brakes being too touchy and his 4 wheeler wouldn't have done that. I head back inside to cool off and keep from breaking his nose. His dad and grandpa tell me not to worry about it, just send them the bill. I told them I don't want your money, I want him to man up and admit he was being stupid and pay to fix it. He never even gave me an apology or offered to pay for anything.

They all leave and we (Me, wife, her mom, sister, and step-dad) decide to go out on the boat for a little bit before we put it up. It's been in the water all day and I had yet to take it out. We cruise around the lake for about a half hour then put it back on the trailer. We get back and I take a closer look at the 4 wheeler to see how bad it is. I pull the handle bars back up (They move kind of like a bicycle) and get it so it's ride-able and take if for a spin to make sure there was no frame, engine or suspension damage. I didn't know how long it ran sitting up side down. It's supposed to kill the engine when it flips over but I of course have never tested it. All was well, just needed a new gauge pod and possible some handle bars, other than all the new scratches which I wasn't overly concerned about.

I get back in the house and apparently my stupid sister in law (20 years old, spoiled, and worthless) had been texting the cousin and his GF/Baby momma and they are both pissed at me for getting mad about everything and expecting them to pay for the damage. The S-I-L is also calling me a pussy for what reason I don't know. Only way I found out about all of this was my wife picked up her sisters phone when she got up and read all of this. She told me everything (right in front of her sister, mom, and step-dad) and I get in her sisters face and start yelling at her, telling her if she has something to say to me she needs to say it to my face. Then my mother-in-law starts in on me and tells me to leave her alone, it's not her fault. Now I am yelling at the mother-in-law and sister-in-law pretty close to the top of my lungs. Apparently my S-I-L can talk shit about me, but I can't confront her without her getting her mommy involved? I don't think so. Finally the step-dad stands up and tells everyone to cool it. My M-I-L is still yelling at me and he says to her "You too, more than anyone, just shut the eff up!" I kind of chuckled under my breath.

My wife is furious as well at this point and says eff you both we are going home. She packs up the inside stuff and I get the 4 wheeler and boat loaded and were off in about 10 minutes.

So now I got about half of my in-laws hating me, but to be honest, I don't really care. Fuck them all. Only people that are really on my side are my wife, her step-dad, and grandpa. Everyone else thinks I am making a big deal about nothing and he gets to tear up my shit and get away with it like it's no big deal. I wasn't raised like that. I have never torn up other peoples shit. I treat it better than my own and if I were to ever break anything, first thing I would do is apologize and tell them I will take care of fixing it. That's the way it should work.

Bottom line is, my wife's cousin and sister are both spoiled bitches. Neither one works, the cousin has 2 kids, everything has been handed to both of them and neither one have any ambition to go to college. He even got a free house and truck from the grandparents since he now has 2 kids. I wish I could knock up a dumb bitch and have have someone take care of me. Not to mention them bragging about getting welfare and food stamps, which really pisses me off. Guess you pays for that? Yeah, people like me that actually work for a living. This is why our country is in the shitter. Welcome to the next generation. I can tell you my kids WILL NOT be raised like this.

I got everything torn down yesterday and all that really needs to be replaced is the gauge pod and a bracket, but I got it mostly straightened back out with the heat gun. If I were to replace it, were looking at about $40 in parts. The handle bars were surprisingly not bent.

In all honestly, it was never about the money. I just hate when people like this don't have respect for you or your stuff. They think just because I make good money and can afford all these toys, we can afford to fix their screw ups. That ain't how it works in my book. A simple honest apology and an offer to help fix it would have gone a long ways.

So, give it to me straight, do you think I was over-reacting about the whole situation?

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #242
abn1985
Sicko

I would have beat all there asses and not thought twice about it, If your man enough to ride the damn thing be man enough to take responsability for your actions on it, I think you had every right to be pissed, i would have went to his house took his four wheeler tied it to the back off my truck drover around for about 20miles before bring it back in all kinds of pieces!!

Truck:2007 QCSB SLT
Exterior:boss 301 20's wrapped in 275/45
07 Laramie front bumper conversion
Reflexxion cowl hood
Blackedout B Pillars
Smoked tails & 3rd Brake light

Performance:Superchips 3865

Elite White Truck Club Member #193

Signature Pic by BMRbrnSNRbrd
abn1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #243
myoung84
Super Moderator

I tried to be the grown up and keep my composure. Didn't want to kick his ass in front of his grandparents, on his grandpa's birthday.

Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #244
abn1985
Sicko

Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
I tried to be the grown up and keep my composure. Didn't want to kick his ass in front of his grandparents, on his grandpa's birthday.
that would been cool if he would have acted the same but but since he acted like a total douchebag i say :favorites6 8: his bitch ass

Truck:2007 QCSB SLT
Exterior:boss 301 20's wrapped in 275/45
07 Laramie front bumper conversion
Reflexxion cowl hood
Blackedout B Pillars
Smoked tails & 3rd Brake light

Performance:Superchips 3865

Elite White Truck Club Member #193

Signature Pic by BMRbrnSNRbrd
abn1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #245
916Timmy
Hemi Gangsta!!!!

That is exactly why NO ONE rides my shit and I have my own so I don't have to ride other peoples

Sorry for your trouble!

BellTech 963SP / InTune / Volant / Fastman / Magnaflow / Moroso AOS / 180 T-Stat / Mech Fan Delete & V-6 E-Fan / Amsoil
14.574 @ 97.82 3.21 gears, full street trim, 5120 pounds on the scale!!!
916Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #246
myoung84
Super Moderator

Typing all of that actually relieved some of my stress. Maybe a margarita this evening will take care of the rest.

Moral of the story, just man up for your mistakes. You'll be a lot better off in the long run. Accidents happen, man up, fix it, and move on. Don't be a little bitch about it.

I must say that I am very proud of my 4 wheeler though. I didn't witness the accident but I know it took one hell of a beating and held up pretty well.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #247
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 View Post
Damn what a storm we had here. Just got back from looking at damages, and we have a lot we are having trucks on they way from philadelphia and Pittsburgh bring pumps so we can get the water out of our trenches. We have 3 excavters that are under 6 feet of water. Hell of a storm.. and we are without power and they are saying its going to be 2 to 3 days before we get power back....Damn it
that had to suck kyle... take one of those big ass generators home and hook it up
Old 08-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #248
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

yeah fuck the little douchey douche bag. i would hold him to the shit eating level he has created for himself for the rest of the time i knew him. i have damaged other peoples stuff and always always repaired or replaced it. its part of being a man
Old 08-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #249
myoung84
Super Moderator

LOL. It will be interesting to see how all of this will play out. We were supposed to go back to the lake with them this weekend but I have no desire to spend any time with them at this point.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #250
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

Go to the lake but for yourself dont allow them to use your stuff. I know that sounds bitchy but you already know how they treat others belongings