Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Default My wife is SPOILD!!!!

It's official, I am changing jobs and with the new job I get a vehicle allowance...So guess who gets the hand me down and who get the new ride. Yep, the wife is using the "I need something more economical to drive" reasoning...I caught her looking at 392 Challengers and ZL1 Camaros ...LOL!!!

Oh well the Mega is a lot nicer than what I have been driving!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
myoung84
Super Moderator

LOL. Spoiled wife? I don't believe it.

What will you be doing?

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

OK here is the latest...we have it narrowed down to two cars 2013 Challenger SRT8 and 2013 Charger SRT8

When we first started shopping the Charger never entered the picture but with a little prodding from the wife and the salesman I took a look at an SRT Charger...they are NICE!!! and just as fast as the Challenger. My only complaint about the car is that it has those two extra doors! Other than that I love the car! Now for that Challenger...It seems to have been built with left over parts...it doesn’t have a back-up camera, or the 8 inch entertainment system monitor and they used the truck key fob...WTF is up with that.

The Charger has the back-up camera, cross path detection (fancy back-up warning) forward collision monitoring, that thing that warns you if you are about to change lanes into another car, adaptive cruise control (you can set the car lengths for your car to follow by, it even applies the break in needed), and heated and cooled cup holders...NONE of this is available on the Challenger, so really the only thing the Challenger has going for it is it's looks.

Unless one of you can make a very compelling case for the Challenger, I have a Charger picked out at Frontier Dodge in El Reno that I'm going to buy today or tomorrow!

Here is the link to it:
http://www.frontiermotor.net/new/Dod...4f01e4a6a2.htm
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
myoung84
Super Moderator

The Challenger hasn't been updated yet like the Charger. I'm sure a refresh is coming soon. Up until 2012, the Charger had a similar interior and used the same key, which is used in all the Mopars prior to the recent refreshes.

I personally really like the new Charger SRT8.

Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

I'm with Morgan... I am in love with the new Chargers! They look so clean and you got alot more room in the back. They're just as powerful and fast as the Challenger. So my pick is the Charger
Old 12-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

I'm calling my salesman right now...gonna try and make some shit happen!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Ok guys, I did it! That bitch is mine--err my wife's! the car goes in for tint and the Mopar Cold Air Kit tomorrow, I decided to go ahead and get the lifetime warranty also, it was $2700...all in, the car is going to be a little over the $50k mark! I should have the car in my drive by Saturday!!

Oh BTW It comes with a pass to the SRT Driving experience, where we will spend a day flogging on bad ass SRT's WooHoo!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
myoung84
Super Moderator

Sweet! That SRT pass sound like a lot of fun! I would love to take my (err my wife's) SRT8 Charger to an SRT track day.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Now I'm gonna need a few subs so i can get some bump...Y'all know anybody-MATT
Old 12-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
Sweet! That SRT pass sound like a lot of fun! I would love to take my (err my wife's) SRT8 Charger to an SRT track day.
They supply the cars, I'll post the info later but it's $500 for the day and I think it's in Vagas...Do I hear road trip?