Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Default Street Outlaws

Watch party @ Louie's on Garth Brooks @8
Old 06-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by MegaCabMan View Post
Matt, most of the cars show up on trailers for two reasons. First the cars are not street legal because of tires and exhaust and that would draw too much attention. Second, cars that make that much power break---A LOT, if it was your car, you wouldn't want to leave it along side the road till you could get it home.
i know that ... but its just not what i consider a true street car ... just my opinion
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #23
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Default Street Outlaws

Gotcha, Farm Truck and Big Chief's Chevy are about as close as they come to "street" cars.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #24
Matt
SRT-10 Member

exactly
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #25
916Timmy
Hemi Gangsta!!!!

I really want to have a truck like that Chevy one day....something about a high 9 second truck!

BellTech 963SP / InTune / Volant / Fastman / Magnaflow / Moroso AOS / 180 T-Stat / Mech Fan Delete & V-6 E-Fan / Amsoil
14.574 @ 97.82 3.21 gears, full street trim, 5120 pounds on the scale!!!
916Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #26
405.7RAM

Default Street Outlaws

Yeah an old guy Ron Diggs at my work used to run with them back in the day... He said the shows/ ranking is legit but they race by the old airport out in el Reno "the whole find a street and race illegally thing is for the show" if you notice it's the same strip in both shows so far.. But never the less it's an awesome show!!
405.7RAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #27
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Yeah, as soon as I saw the huge lights I knew it was a staged "street race." Still can't deny those cars are legit.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #28
916Timmy
Hemi Gangsta!!!!

Anything that can trap 200 is ridiculous!

BellTech 963SP / InTune / Volant / Fastman / Magnaflow / Moroso AOS / 180 T-Stat / Mech Fan Delete & V-6 E-Fan / Amsoil
14.574 @ 97.82 3.21 gears, full street trim, 5120 pounds on the scale!!!
916Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #29
405.7RAM

Default Street Outlaws

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
Yeah, as soon as I saw the huge lights I knew it was a staged "street race." Still can't deny those cars are legit.
Yeah man in Arizona anything faster then an 11qtr time needs a special license... Those men are beasts especially driving on black top like that!!!
405.7RAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Default Street Outlaws

Not the same air strip.
The first was ElReno, the second was Pauls Valley--later you will see them race on a street in El Reno that the city closed for the show. It's the same street that is raced on for small town days or whatever it's called.
The races aren't staged, the film crew does make arrangements to place lights and a controlled strip so you can see who wins. Search BigRob Entertainment on YouTube. Same guys racing without the lights and on city streets holding up traffic.

Because of the huge liability, the production company made each of the cars pass a safety tech inspection. Chucks white "death trap" actually failed because his safety harness was out of date and needs to be re-certified--he almost missed the races you saw last week because of that. That's why u also see them wearing fire suites and helmets.

Listen to what is said at the beginning of the show-- okc has the fastest street RACED cars in the nation. Meaning that these cars aren't running on a prepped track. Most of them are not street cars but race cars with tags. Having a tag is the difference between getting your car impounded or loading back up on the trailer with a pocket full of traffic tickets.