Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:44 AM   #31
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

green of my truck. just add some bright orange accents. i debadged it this weekend and just painted the 2500 badges and that's a pc of one^^
Old 02-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #32
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post

Green and orange theme? Badges, calipers, differential covers, etc. Any input?
i vote nay lol
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Green and...ORANGE?

It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown...rising from the pumpkin patch, jumping in his big dodge ram and deliverng presents to all the good boys and girls!

No... thats the colors of the now defunct Great Northern Railroad back in the 50s or early 60's....so you could be the great Northern Dodge
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #34
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Not a big fan of the orange accents, but I understand you Pokes want to slap orange on everything...
Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #35
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Well i'm not gonna do chrome everywhere as I don't like the look. Won't do red because I don't want a christmas truck (and I sure don't wanna be mistaken as a sooner fan!! haha jk! ). But I do Kinda want some Higher contrast accents. I mean I do really like orange lol. But it was alot easier to choose accent colors on a white truck! lol
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #36
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Originally Posted by Okiespaniels View Post
Green and...ORANGE?

It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown...rising from the pumpkin patch, jumping in his big dodge ram and deliverng presents to all the good boys and girls!

No... thats the colors of the now defunct Great Northern Railroad back in the 50s or early 60's....so you could be the great Northern Dodge
Hahaha I'm avoiding green and red because i don't wanna be ol' St. Nick lol
Old 02-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #37
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Well, I have to admit that I have a sick love for your new truck. It reminds me of the Ram version of the truck the main character drove in the remake of "Walking Tall." He drove a Ford, but it had that classic, clean, lifted truck look (and it was green, lol.) Every time I see that pic of your truck under your signature it makes me want to add a second gen to the lineup.....even though my wife said no.

I was thinking about it last night and I don't think a color matched grill would look good, but I don't think black would either since the green is so dark already. Personally I love the chrome wheels and thenk they tie in well with the grill. If it were my truck, I wouldn't worry about accent colors. I would rock her as is.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #38
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Yeah, I'm not de-chroming like i did last time. I'm keeping the chrome grille, the box (it will shine when i get the time to polish it), the stainless wheels, and chrome bumpers. Although i may try and find a black lower bumpercover instead of grey. I'm going to have the rocker panels lined. still haven't decided if i'm gonna do grey to match the lower cover and provide more contrast or black because it'll show less dirt etc. Right now she is completely de-badged but i kinda like the 2500 badges. But the were all paint chipped and nasty so they needed some work. I'm glad ya like it though! I'm gettin to where I like it.. Just feels like I'm drivin somebody else's truck right now.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #39
LowRam
Jon

i also would rock it as is. from your sig pic all id do is debadge it, maybe do chrome head and taillights. hmm possibly steel bumbers idk..
LowRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #40
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
Well, I have to admit that I have a sick love for your new truck. It reminds me of the Ram version of the truck the main character drove in the remake of "Walking Tall." He drove a Ford, but it had that classic, clean, lifted truck look (and it was green, lol.) Every time I see that pic of your truck under your signature it makes me want to add a second gen to the lineup.....even though my wife said no.

I was thinking about it last night and I don't think a color matched grill would look good, but I don't think black would either since the green is so dark already. Personally I love the chrome wheels and thenk they tie in well with the grill. If it were my truck, I wouldn't worry about accent colors. I would rock her as is.

Could not agree more

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote