Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Exterior

Old 09-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Default Exterior ideas

So I've been milling some ideas around. I want my truck to have a unique look and while I actually like the stock chrome wheels, taking the Plasti-dip off took something away from my truck's overall look, IMO. Eventually I'll have some custom wheels in, at least, 22" but not now.

This pic includes a few ideas I have:

Color matched two-piece fuel door with black screws. (in the garage, but needs painted.)
Plasti-dipped stock wheels (all black this time, no lip)
3/5 drop (simply knocking a coil or so off my drop springs)
Side stripes (I want something that has a somewhat old school Mopar look)

All of these would actually be pretty easy and cheap to do and the only one that worries me is the 3/5 because reversing it would mean buying a new drop kit.

Also, I could do something a little different with the stripe and have "Hemi" or "345" cut out of the large rear area, but I've never been a big fan of labels.

I want real opinions on any or all of the ideas...not just a post-count-bumping "sweet." Tell me what you really think.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Matt
SRT-10 Member

i never wanted to say anything but i didn't like the lips on your old rims i think going all black with how you have it looks 100000x better but the pic is kind of far away so i'm undecided with the stripes but i think you should do everything else for sure
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
myoung84
Super Moderator

I think that looks great. Putting HEMI in the rear of the stripe would be a nice touch. Only thing else I would do before PD'ing the wheels is get your tires flipped around. I think solid black tires would look better than white lettering...

And I know a guy who will probably be selling his 2/4 Belltech drop kit before the end of the year. If you are interested I'll let him know, he's only 100 miles from OKC.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Thanks for the input guys.

I appreciate that you wanted to hold back about the lip before Matt, but if there's something you don't like, just tell me. It's like when people don't want to tell a guy his fly is open because it's embarrassing to point out....I would rather embarrass the guy by pointing it out than let him walk around like that all day.

Thanks for the heads up on the "guy you know" Morgan. I still think you should tell him it's a mistake, but I'll keep him in mind if I decide the 3/5 sucks.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Matt
SRT-10 Member

it just didn't really go with anything with how you've got almost everything black/gray ... kinda how like your chrome wheels REALLY stand out now lol ... they look good i just think they look better black ...
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Please plastidip the wheels again, I never said anything either but it just took the whole look away from your truck when it got taken away. The stripes will look awesome to.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

I'm with morgan flipping the wheels to black wall for sure.. And no chrome lip on the wheels this time around (Like everyone said)

I like the idea of the stripe but for me it's one of them pictures just don't do justice like actually seeing it on the truck but I am sure it would look sick

But everything looks pretty bad ass dude, I like where you are heading with this

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Thanks again for the input fellas.

The tires were supposed to be flipped at one point but the local shops want $20/tire to fip them....I'm not big on spending $80 just for black walls. Maybe I can find someone with a tire machine that will give me a hookup.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

I wish I was down there my buddy works at the car auction in the city and he changes all the tires on the cars and trucks... I could get it done for free for you..

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #10
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Go to J&W Tire in Newcastle, they're some cool dudes and would probably flip them for real cheap. Here's their number if you wanna call them