Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #311
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

^^ ha ha.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #312
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Meanwhile I busted my ass in high school and college and make a fraction of that...
Old 09-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #313
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
That's right, do good in school and get a good job like me where you can check out the forums while at work.
lol hell yes!

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #314
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
Meanwhile I busted my ass in high school and college and make a fraction of that...
That's why I have a problem with this whole thing we call a "System".. it's so obtuse.. They make you bust your ass in school to end up in tons of debt and then stick you in a job where it will take you 25-30 years to pay it back off what you are making...

It just makes me scratch my head in confusion

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 09-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #315
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 View Post
Funny my teachers use to tell me that and tell me that I would never make it in the "Real World" if I didn't pay attention in class.

Graduated from high school and here I am now making over 100+K a year working in Oil & Gas.......

and have a $80,xxx recording studio that I built from the ground up that is taking off real fast

Who's laughing now....

So please excuse my non sympathetic attitude and pay no attention to the condescending cordiality of the "Public School System" and their never ending cycles of lies of how you will never be anything if you are not a straight A student in this diabolical society we live in
Lol that's awesome
Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #316
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

i remember after i dropped out of HS i had a particular teacher giving me all kinds of hell on how big of a failure i would become. when i bought my second house at 19 it was 3 houses down from him and he thought i had moved in with my parents. that was always funny to me. i have been making double to triple his salary since i turned 18 and havent slowed down. reading is fundamental and school is important but you will only become as good as you want to be. i still make more than my cousins that graduated from usc. colton is a good kid his head is on right
Old 09-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #317
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Mike you nailed it on the head dude......"You will only become as good as you want" and I was not going to bring this up... but I seen that teacher a few years later and he got cought in the school with the health teacher bumping ugly's in a classroom and both of them "were" married... So when I seen him he was broke and lost everything.......

These are the people telling us as kids that we will never make it in life???

and he use to tell me if you don't do good you will never make 35K a year like me.......hummm yeah about that....

Man I could go all day with this shit.... same as the government I won't even get started on that.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 09-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #318
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
I actually quit drinking pop a while back and it lasted a few weeks and I started to see a decrease. Then for whatever reason I started drinking it again... I am at 220 now and need to be at 180. I would be thrilled to be a 200 even...
im at 195 today which inst too bad but i havent been able to work out since my accident so muscle has turned to flab. i have lost a full inch off of my arms, its sad. i like being at 185-190 cut and im 5'10". i want to start p90x again but my dr. hasnt released me for anything strenuous so that will have to wait. i was 9 weeks in when i was crushed and i was in really good shape from it.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #319
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Mike that sucks dude.. how long you think before you can go back to your usual routine of things?

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 09-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #320
myoung84
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 View Post
That's why I have a problem with this whole thing we call a "System".. it's so obtuse.. They make you bust your ass in school to end up in tons of debt and then stick you in a job where it will take you 25-30 years to pay it back off what you are making...

It just makes me scratch my head in confusion
I think college still helps a lot with finding a job, but honestly you will learn more in the first 6 months of your career than you will 4-5 years of higher education. I use very little of my "college knowledge" for work and ended with $50k in student loans.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote