Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge
Default New Truck

Sad to see that the site has become very slow... Here is info on my new rig.

I traded my '02 in on my '12 on 6/6/15 at Chris Nikel in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

When I got my current truck, it had only 13,568 miles on it!

Here are some pictures of the truck from about 4 days after purchase. Completely untouched, 100% factory.

One week after buying the truck, I decided to do a few cheap, quick, easy mods. Here is the first one: Auto Ventshades window visors.

Second mod, carried over from my previous truck, is my Gum Creek Customs automotive holster mount

As a recent graduate, of course I have to let everyone on the road know! I removed the bulky front license plate holder and mounted my new OSU Alumni plate.

Here is the beginning of my transition to all LED lighting on the truck. I started with this small LED dome light from the local auto parts store. I removed all of the existing pegs and metal bulb retention clips from the dome light housing using a box knife and a pair of wire cutters. The pics below range from mid day to late at night as I took progress pictures as the day ended to show how bright the LEDs are.

Here I removed the intake baffle. I'm not a fan of the idea of this foam breaking down, coming apart and being sucked down the intake as it ages.

Here are the pictures from the swap from halogen to LED tag lights. They made an enormous difference. They may be nearly as bright as my reverse lights haha.