Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge > Sports Lounge

Sports Lounge Anything and everything sports related and especially Oklahoma sports related!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Oh so this is Denver?
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

The Lakers suck!

And the Heat got beat by the Knicks
Old 05-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #14
Matt
SRT-10 Member

the knicks have a ton of talent they just need a system that works for their strengths and a dominant head coach that they will respect they have a ton of potential

and obviously they lakers don't suck .. the thunder would have to win every championship till 2030 to have more than them ... the lakers are a dynasty and the thunder are definitely not over looking them i talked to tony which is kevin durants brother friday and they definitely have respect for them .. they have re-tooled and added a couple great pieces midseason in ramon sessions and jordan hill and bynum is the best center in the league minus dwight and he's still better than him offensively just dwight is a beast on the boards and defense ...

something to think about: this team has 2 years left the way it's constructed and then it's going to get blown up ... serge is only making 1.2 this year and harden 4.6 both of which are WAAAAY outplaying their contracts and are free agents after 2014 harden will probably get 13-15 a year and serge not far behind as a free agent

salary cap is 58-59 million and as it sits this year thunder are right at the max next year they are actually over by 4-5 million ... in 2014 they have 49 million allocated to just 7 players:

Kevin Durant
Kendrick Perkins
Russell Westbrook
Nick Collison
Cole Aldrich
Reggie Jackson
Lazar Hayward

that leaves only 10-12 million for 2 more starters and 6 bench players ... going to be rough

i say all that just to say i hope you thunder fans appreciate what you have now bc the front office has done a hell of a job drafting and you have a ton of talent at a big discount bc they are young ... hopefully they can keep both serge and harden but there is a big chance that they won't be able to get both or maybe not even 1 of them bc of the max deals durant/westbrook got
Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #15
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Just want to point out one thing on that... The Lakers have built up those playoff and championship wins over the past 30+ years. The Thunder is just now in their 4th year in the NBA and they have been in the playoffs 3 of those years. Pretty good start if you ask me. The reason I don't personally like LA is because of Kobe Bryant... but thats just me. Hell if they paid me just a percentage of what they're paying Lazar Hayward, Reggie Jackson, Cole Aldrich and the other 3rd stringers to sit on the bench 90% of the time, I'd do it in a heart beat lol I'm not bashing on them or anything, they are good but really need to work on their game more. Just gonna take some time like it did the guys we have now, but no matter what, I think we'll have a good team for a pretty long time. If they could take just a little bit off the salaries, they could recruit alot more players, but guess the higher ups need all the money they can get... Gotta do that to avoid another lockout to.

On another note, I just realized that Philidelphia has Chicago down 3 games to 1 and they're playing tonight... hope Philidelphia can knock them out tonight!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
Matt
SRT-10 Member

the thunder are not a new team they have been an organization since 1967 for the last time you oklahomans are acting like they are an expansion team like the bobcats all they are is a team that reloacted and changed their names ... that's like calling the lakers a new team when they moved from minnesota to LA -- doesn't make sense ... the supersonics may not have been a dynasty but they did have some great runs and had 2 of the best players of the 90s in kemp and payton ...

guess you guys forget kd was drafted as a sonic
Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

I understand that. The reason I said that though is because 10 out of 15 players on the team are made up of guys who have played 5 years or less in the pros. That to me is classified a newer, younger team compared to say the Lakers and pretty much all the other teams in the league.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #18
Matt
SRT-10 Member

you are saying new instead of young .. if you would just say young i would agree with you but everyone keeps saying okc is a new team blah blah blah lol it's just not the case and they are only young now bc they sucked for soo many years and traded away all their good talent ie: ray allen, rashard lewis and several others to stock up on draft pics now it's all paying dividends and they are a good young team but like i said up there it's going to be hard to keep them together based on the new cba and the max and super max deals they gave westbrook and durant ...

also something to consider

a lot of people say things based on what other people say and not exactly a fact ... the lakers have gotten a lot younger this year and the thunder aren't exactly as young as you think they are ... they are younger yes .. but when you break it down the average age of the 14 lakers is 27.07 average age of the 15 thunder players are 26.4 hardly a night and day difference which puts la about the 15th oldest team and the thunder 19th oldest so 11 teams are younger than okc .. so are they all new teams as well?
Old 05-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #19
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

I think we have Kobe fan here...
Old 05-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #20
Matt
SRT-10 Member

ya couldn't you tell by how much i was talking kobe up?

i think we have a typical thunder fan here that doesn't like facts