Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge > Sports Lounge

Sports Lounge Anything and everything sports related and especially Oklahoma sports related!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Default Thunder's performance

So what is the fucking deal? I'm not looking for Laker fans or LBJ fans to come in and talk shit about them but I'm wondering if anyone else has an idea.

They started out fantastic with just a few minor losses. I honestly thought that this year would most likely see them against the Heat again for a championship but after last night's game, I'm not so sure. It seems they have the mentality that lower-standing teams or those who don't possess a large amount of talent can be taken slightly....and then LOSE TO THEM. Is it just that they are THAT strong at home but also that WEAK on the road? Damnit they piss me off sometimes.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Graygoose
new but not Newb

Amen, I was really disappointed. We have three blow outs, then fall apart. This is similar when they went and played well in a string, then played Minnesota and lost.
All I can say is they get relaxed, and lose sight. Then the next game they come back guns a blazing...if that holds true, they should beat Heat at home.

Last edited by Graygoose; 02-13-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Graygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

I haven't been following as close as last season, but their performance is definitely suffering from something after a strong start
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

I think it's all in their heads. They're still really young and get the idea that they're just gonna go in there, get a win, no problem. They get way to relaxed and once that happens, it's near to impossible to get out of that mind state once they start out like that. The Thunder would get alot more wins if they go in to every game like they're about to play for a championship. They need to get the mantality of playing to win instead of thinking it'll all just be a walk in the park.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Graygoose
new but not Newb

Agree.Nothing is handed to you in the NBA.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

I may be scorned by fellow Okies...but does anyone really think any team other than the Heat will win it all again this year? Sure, LBJ is having the season of a lifetime, but Wade and Bosch tack on another 30 points a piece!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
Graygoose
new but not Newb

I think San Antonio will give us a run, as well as the Clippers. IF we can get past them in the play off's I'll gladly take on the Heat or maybe Boston/Chicago.

many good teams this year...

Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Matt
SRT-10 Member

i literally think there are 5 teams that can win the east and 4 teams that could win the west .. not best record but make it to the finals ... the thunder aren't really a new team anymore they have had this core together for 5 years now that's not a young team most teams don't have the time together that this team does .. yes they are not old but can't call them a young team anymore they are becoming seasoned veterans imo they are experienced and are solid ... but the one thing that kills the thunder is their makeup they don't have a single player that they can throw it down on the block and get good easy baskets when the game slows down they live and die by the jump shot... every championship level team has 1 or 2 that can do that and it doesn't have to be a big man lbj and kobe do it as well as anyone i would love to see russ be able to add that to his game bc he is a strong big pg he could easily have his way with most of his opponents in the post and take less abuse that way

there are alot of good teams this year i agree ... and also teams that will only get better as the season goes on like chicago been around the 4th seed without drose
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
Matt
SRT-10 Member

i still think okc is going to miss harden's capabilities especially in the 4th quarters come play off time ... he was a second pg on the floor at the end
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Damn good point about Harden. Our bench hasn't been producing like we need them to. Tonight's game will tell a lot. If the Heat win, it will be a HUGE mental disadvantage for the Thunder as it will be six straight games lost to the Heat.