Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #27
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by Okiespaniels View Post
I would check your rear springs and make sure they are not back bending before yanking on sheetmetal. Ideally they should be flat or slightly arched (to the positive) and that can be set with bumpstops.
Massive flex can be detrimmental in some cases...and if you were doing these pics with any anti-sway bars hooked up in the front...wait you have IFS...hmmmm....you'd be amazed how much more static flex you'd have is you can loosen up the front suspension.

NICE spare mount! Did you make that nightmatt??? I need one myself!
are you talking about me? ... mine aren't back bending but my tires are bigger than most guys are running and i have some decent offset so they stick out a bit farther mine won't tuck at all that's why i am wanting to flare

Originally Posted by nightmatt View Post
I would say us matt's are alike lol I'm doing the same thing going prerunner style. A body guy at work is going to do my yank on the bedsides until I get some rear glass fenders ordered.
when do you plan on doing that? ... i might wait and see yours first .. the only reason i'm hesitant is that i have a set of pocket flares i really wanna put on but i havent bc if i flare it i can't and i don't want to mark up the bedside lol

Luckily my tires tuck but very close
DAMN son lol

The tire mount Dave was talking about
i really like that mount but i want one that's on an angle and i've got a buddy building it and hopefully i will have enough room to sheet metal the outside skin (will be a triangulated mount) to fit my jack/jumper cables and such

And u may ask. Y yes those r socket extensions on the end so I can use it to take my tires off an on without carrying more tools
i like that idea

It's got a huge nut on the underside and it mounts through the old tire mount crossmember support bar so it super strong and it's not pulling on the actual sheetmetal of the bed. I've seen people offroad with ones like ones like that and it rip the sheetmetal apart
wouldn't even have thought about that so thanks....
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote