Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Audio/Visual

Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Here are some pic's of the wiring to the amp and subs.. Now when I bought the Box and Subs from a member on another forum I never pulled the subs to check the wiring on the inside to see how the old owner had them wired to the sub.. But I know he was pretty audio smart so I never thought to pull the subs and check.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 View Post
Here are some pic's of the wiring to the amp and subs.. Now when I bought the Box and Subs from a member on another forum I never pulled the subs to check the wiring on the inside to see how the old owner had them wired to the sub.. But I know he was pretty audio smart so I never thought to pull the subs and check.
yeah everything looks fine there just running the subs in parallel now that doesn't tell me what impedance you're running bc i don't know how they are wired in the box or what impedance the subs are .. i'm guessing they are single 4 ohm and that would mean you're seeing 2 ohm at the amp which is what that amp is rated for .. however they could be dvc and wired too low for that amp .. only reason i doubt this is you didn't have this issue before ... do you have a multimeter you can check impedance?

btw that looks awfully big for 8 ga i bet that's 4 ga
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote