Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Lie2me
Lowered Member

Default Lie2me update

Wow, the site looks bad ass since my last visit. I've been stupid busy with work here overseas. Hope you guys are all doing good and have a great holiday season. I spent Christmas day working, but my family will be here soon.

On a side note, My wife 'adjusted' my mirror....so, if anyone sees a driver side Ram sport mirror (w/puddle lamps), shoot me a line. I'd seriously appreciate it.

fwiw, I am shipping my Ram here to UAE in January!!!!!

Cheers
Jeff

Made a few mods to my current mode of transportation...should be about 205-210 hp at the rear wheel. This thing is no Joke, but I can't carry sh*t and there is no AC. lol Makes me smile though

Last edited by Lie2me; 12-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Lie2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
fastnnuffrt
Jesse

Zx14 or 10?

2011 Ram R/T
Vararam, 2/5 Belltech drop, Black factory 22s,
One badass daily driver
fastnnuffrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Very glad to see you stop by Jeff. Sucks about your wife and the mirror, but I've seen them on CL quite a bit.

The bike is badass!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Lie2me
Lowered Member

It's a 2012 14R...daily driver. My company is paying for a rental, so I bought a bike instead of renting. All vehicles here are about 30% higher than MSRP, or I would have bought a shortbed 4g. I can't wait to get my truck here. I almost burned to death last summer riding to work...close to unbearable, but only a 30 minute ride.

Hey BMR, good to see you. Truck looks sweet in your sig. Is that the latest pic? Besides the mirror, the bed got creased at a hotel in Tennessee, and one of my HID ballasts went out. Other that that, all is good. I'm kinda glad I wasn't around when the mirror got knocked off. My son, the young Jar-head was ground guiding her into the garage when it happened.
What's next on your ride?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
916Timmy
Hemi Gangsta!!!!

Glad to hear everything is about to get a lot better for you! Stay safe!

BellTech 963SP / InTune / Volant / Fastman / Magnaflow / Moroso AOS / 180 T-Stat / Mech Fan Delete & V-6 E-Fan / Amsoil
14.574 @ 97.82 3.21 gears, full street trim, 5120 pounds on the scale!!!
916Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
Lie2me
Lowered Member

Thanks, Tim. Once the wife moves here in February, I will actually be able to save some money. I've been treading water for the last year with 2 households.

Good part is that I'm coming back to Vegas in January...my 20 year Marine Reunion is being held in Vegas the same time. I'm really looking forward to seeing some old, OLD friends. Not looking forward to all the paperwork, shipping, moving, flying, etc, etc...but It is What it Is.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
Lie2me
Lowered Member

I'm also considering trading in for a 4x4...but we will see what kind of deals they have going on in Vegas when I get home. I wont if they try to screw me on my trade-in.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #8
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Originally Posted by Lie2me View Post
Hey BMR, good to see you. Truck looks sweet in your sig. Is that the latest pic? Besides the mirror, the bed got creased at a hotel in Tennessee, and one of my HID ballasts went out. Other that that, all is good. I'm kinda glad I wasn't around when the mirror got knocked off. My son, the young Jar-head was ground guiding her into the garage when it happened.
What's next on your ride?
Yeah, that's how she still looks. I'm not sure what's next for my truck. I think I need to address the sound now.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #9
Lie2me
Lowered Member

I was so disappointed with the alpine system. It really, really had to go. For the cost of the truck, you'd think that you could at least turn it up without distortion. The more I dug into the alpine/infinity system, the more I was disappointed. The more I tried to make it sound better, the more pissed I got. Eventually I replaced everything. I liked the Head unit though. I may opt for a aftermarket double din so I can get my backup camera back.

I know you are thorough when you do your upgrades, but my advice is to start from scratch, bypass all the stock garbage. Do it right, do it once.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
myoung84
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lie2me View Post
I was so disappointed with the alpine system. It really, really had to go. For the cost of the truck, you'd think that you could at least turn it up without distortion. The more I dug into the alpine/infinity system, the more I was disappointed. The more I tried to make it sound better, the more pissed I got. Eventually I replaced everything. I liked the Head unit though. I may opt for a aftermarket double din so I can get my backup camera back.

I know you are thorough when you do your upgrades, but my advice is to start from scratch, bypass all the stock garbage. Do it right, do it once.
That's what I did. The Alpine system sucks, IMO. Everything in my truck has been replaced and it sounds much better.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote