Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > OklaRams.com - Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club Forum > Introduction

Introduction Are you new here? This is the place to introduce yourself.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
Administrator

I think mineral gray and silver is the shit. LOL
Old 03-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #12
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Thank you for all the compliments. I miss the white truck but it had a couple of large flaws that I didn't really publicize, so I try to remember those as well. It still had FAR more character than the current truck. The lack of a good metal roll pan for this truck is irritating. I've thought about having a full custom metal one built and welded in (including filling in the side areas) but that's getting really expensive once you consider blending that work into the bed paint.

Last edited by BMRbrnSNRbrd; 03-23-2013 at 01:22 PM.
BMRbrnSNRbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
shikityshack

Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
I think mineral gray and silver is the shit. LOL
LOL!! Yeah, I suppose you would feel that way.. It does look great though.. I'm heavily considering gray but something a bit darker than the mineral.. I need to look at a color pallet at some point.. My mind still isn't made up though.. Just the other day I was trying to imagine Go Mango and silver together...
And every color I think of equals a different paint scheme.... Damn trucks about to just get torn apart and painted white if I can't decide! LOL!!

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
Thank you for all the compliments. I miss the white truck but it had a couple of large flaws that I didn't really publicize, so I try to remember those as well. It still had FAR more character than the current truck. The lack of a good metal roll pan for these truck is irritating. I've thought about having a full custom metal one built and welded in (including filling in the side areas) but that's getting really expensive once you consider blending that work into the bed paint.
Your welcome and its well deserved..
I remember you were getting frustrated with it toward the end, wasn't sure why exactly..
Trust me I get the roll pan issue.. The SRTs are screwed in that department too.. and like you I am a big fan of the roll pan smooth look.. I know some company makes a pan set up for the 4th gens, its not my favorite or is it metal, I'm sure you must have seen one, but obviously aren't impressed by it either..
Its unfortunate that Ram, Ford and maybe Chevy too(not sure with them) inset the rear bumpers.. I hate that look personaly, and it makes it hard to smooth out the rear...
Plus I don't like the exhaust out the back like the SRT and most of the new Rams do.. I prefer it dumped out of sight.. Why did they have to make notches for it!!

I've gone to 2 different body shops now to see about having my rear bumpers exhaust cut out filled and both of them basicly told me they didn't want to touch it and it would cost a small fortune.. It sucks, cuz I can paint all day long and even do metal work, but I don't have a clue about body work with plastic bumpers.. I know it can be done because I've seen it done..
shikityshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

There is one pan made for the 4th gens and it sucks, in my opinion. It is polyurethane (IIRC) and the company felt the need to add a weird body line in it that just kills the looks.