Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > General

Old 09-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #21
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Thanks...slightly cheaper that ORU and I like the extension idea!

Whats the members screen name?

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 09-10-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #22
nightmatt
lifted member

Ohh an his name is Shaun. Screen name is heimz
Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #23
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Thanks again!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #24
nightmatt
lifted member

It's got a huge nut on the underside and it mounts through the old tire mount crossmember support bar so it super strong and it's not pulling on the actual sheetmetal of the bed. I've seen people offroad with ones like ones like that and it rip the sheetmetal apart
Old 09-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #25
nightmatt
lifted member

Ur welcome
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #26
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by Okiespaniels View Post
I would check your rear springs and make sure they are not back bending before yanking on sheetmetal. Ideally they should be flat or slightly arched (to the positive) and that can be set with bumpstops.
Massive flex can be detrimmental in some cases...and if you were doing these pics with any anti-sway bars hooked up in the front...wait you have IFS...hmmmm....you'd be amazed how much more static flex you'd have is you can loosen up the front suspension.

NICE spare mount! Did you make that nightmatt??? I need one myself!
are you talking about me? ... mine aren't back bending but my tires are bigger than most guys are running and i have some decent offset so they stick out a bit farther mine won't tuck at all that's why i am wanting to flare

Originally Posted by nightmatt View Post
I would say us matt's are alike lol I'm doing the same thing going prerunner style. A body guy at work is going to do my yank on the bedsides until I get some rear glass fenders ordered.
when do you plan on doing that? ... i might wait and see yours first .. the only reason i'm hesitant is that i have a set of pocket flares i really wanna put on but i havent bc if i flare it i can't and i don't want to mark up the bedside lol

Luckily my tires tuck but very close
DAMN son lol

The tire mount Dave was talking about
i really like that mount but i want one that's on an angle and i've got a buddy building it and hopefully i will have enough room to sheet metal the outside skin (will be a triangulated mount) to fit my jack/jumper cables and such

And u may ask. Y yes those r socket extensions on the end so I can use it to take my tires off an on without carrying more tools
i like that idea

It's got a huge nut on the underside and it mounts through the old tire mount crossmember support bar so it super strong and it's not pulling on the actual sheetmetal of the bed. I've seen people offroad with ones like ones like that and it rip the sheetmetal apart
wouldn't even have thought about that so thanks....
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #27
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by Matt View Post
are you talking about me? ... mine aren't back bending but my tires are bigger than most guys are running and i have some decent offset so they stick out a bit farther mine won't tuck at all that's why i am wanting to flare

Yes I was talking about your truck. Just hate to see anyone bend tin when a bumpstop will solve the issue. I've reduced my "tuck" quite a bit and still get decent flex. Tuck is overated when you bend things backwards.
I'm curious as to why you'd want more flex.
Is it because you aren't running lockers? Were you planning on some serious rock crawling or off camber work?
Or are you worried about contact if you jump the truck?.
I'm looking at the pictures you took of your truck and your rear suspension is already doing most of the work. It looks like my truck without the front sway bar disconnected.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 09-10-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #28
Matt
SRT-10 Member

i don't really want more flex and part of my lift kit was a add-a-leaf which made it alot stiffer in the rear to keep me from flexing as much i'm only wanting the flare for a little more clearance bc it does get close to the top of the fender on some spots .. i didn't grab a picture then ... but especially when i have some weight in the truck and take certain inclines... for instance i use my truck as a truck lol and put wood and stuff in there when we cut it down in the woods and the terrain is never smooth
Old 09-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #29
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by Matt View Post
i don't really want more flex and part of my lift kit was a add-a-leaf which made it alot stiffer in the rear to keep me from flexing as much i'm only wanting the flare for a little more clearance bc it does get close to the top of the fender on some spots .. i didn't grab a picture then ... but especially when i have some weight in the truck and take certain inclines... for instance i use my truck as a truck lol and put wood and stuff in there when we cut it down in the woods and the terrain is never smooth
I understand...I would think a set of pneumatic bumpstops would be a cool mod for those moments when you really need a truck, or airbags if you need more clearance with a full load of wood.
I rode my bumpstops most of the way to Tulsa when we moved here from Phoenix. However the other choice was to let them backbend...

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 09-10-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #30
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
Nice pics. That yank is a pretty bold move but will look really good once done. How far out are you going to push it? Are you going to be doing the work yourself? If you do, make sure you have plenty of pics. That is the kind of sensible destruction I love.
well after seeing this in person yesterday and talking to the owner i don't think i'm going to now bc it actually closes in the fender openings at the bottom and while i shouldn't have any flex forward or backwards i'm already closer than i would like