Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Default I need calm, level headed advice...

You might have seen this on FB...if so, I'm sorry:

I need some advice from my logical, level-headed friends.

Today I dropped my truck off at Norman CJD for some warranty work. I dropped the truck off at 8:45am and left in a loaner. I left the truck there for a horn not working, driver side rear window rattling when the door is opened and shut, and a fog light out of alignment. Those are the only complaints I told the service writer.

At 10:15am a good, local friend (Matt/nightmatt) of mine sent me a test message with a picture of my truck in front of a Papa Johns. There is a 7-11 next door and he stated that he saw a technician walk out of 7-11 with a drink and get into my truck.

I immediately put a call in to the service manager and, as calmly as I could, asked for an explanation. He said he would call me back after asking some questions. I received a call a few minutes later from my service writer who, I believe, is simply covering for a technician's bad decision.

He stated that the technician was out driving the truck to check for the window rattle. I immediately corrected him and reminded him that I never said anything about rattling while driving, only when opening and shutting the door. I then asked him what stopping at 7-11 had to do with a diagnosis. He actually said to me, "Well, it was a bad decision, but, you know, these guys don't have much time to get out during the day, so he probably just stopped for a drink." I'm sorry...but don't they get a lunch break? Don't they have personal vehicles or even a dealership vehicle of some kind?

I was so irritated I left the conversation open and told him we could talk about it when I pick the truck up. What would you do?

Last edited by BMRbrnSNRbrd; 08-31-2012 at 12:22 PM.
BMRbrnSNRbrd is offline   Reply With Quote