Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Update:

I took a lot of really good advice and made the decision to go up there before they called to say the truck was ready. With most people having a three day weekend coming up, I wanted to get there before all the big wigs left early.

When I arrived I asked for the GM. I was then told he left at lunch for the day (go figure.) I was told that his number 2 man was available and I met with him privately in his office. I explained that I purchased my truck from them because my first buying experience with them was good and that having a local dealership who offered loaner cars was also important. I then told him the story about my truck being seen when and where it was. He just shook his head. I showed him the picture and he then took down all my information and explained that he didn't want to leave me waiting in his office because, "I have to deal with this in a way that might take a few minutes." I felt comfortable that he was being honest and not just blowing me off so I went and ran errands.

About twenty minutes later I received a call from the guy highest up in the service department who was very very apologetic and easy to talk to. We made a couple jokes and he explained that he was appreciative of the fact that I brought this to his attention because he now knew what he would talk about at the monthly service department meeting on Wednesday.

He then said, "I know you didn't come in asking for anything, but I noticed while looking over your truck that it is basically empty." Honestly, it was on fumes and I had only put about $5 in it this morning to get it to the dealership. He then asked for permission to personally take the truck and fill it up with whatever fuel I normally use. I explained that I run 91 and only use pure gasoline, no alcohol/ethanol crap. He told me that it would be full by the time I got there and he would personally take it to fill it.

I got to the dealership and was immediately met by him. We looked the truck over thoroughly and swapped keys. I have to say that, while this was highly irritating and unfortunate, I am confidant that it will never happen again (at least to my truck) and will be ok taking it back.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

holy shit that is bull shit
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

how would you liked to have dropped you truck off over the weekend then have it show up in a car show.....
Old 08-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #14
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Glad it worked out for you Dave!
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote