Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > OklaRams.com - Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club Forum > Upcoming events

Upcoming events Upcoming Club meets and Car shows

Old 09-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

It's Sunday (today) right?
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #12
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

yes al today. im such a dork the info is in the first post. i have a tentative time of 1:30 but my baby sitter is flaking on me. i may have a plus three there. i have been to a few shows but never entered one. do i have to stay by my truck for anything? and i dont have a show board, will that hurt me? i think im over thinking
Old 09-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #13
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

You're overthinking.

Go, park your truck, wipe off the latest bugs or smidges, shine your tires if you haven't. Pop your hood and door if you choose then go check out the other rides.
When you're tired of walking and/or talking go back to your truck, flip open a chair and kick back. BTW the last steps can be reversed.
Be cool and helpful to anyone who talks to you, and ignore any negative comments.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #14
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

Well I went and registered, I met Al out there. It was a really nice day for a show and hot dogs. There were a lot of really nice cars ajd trucks present. I didnt place but it was cool to be there. Danika was in charge of photo and I havent looked through them yet. There is another one next weekend at the pumpkin patch in owasso in the morning. I am planning on attending that one, it will be more kid friendly
Old 09-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #15
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

And I might show up to that one as well
Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Took some pics which I'll post later. The ram air system on your truck is very cool Mike! <pun not intended...

Also have some suggestions for first time particpants.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #17
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

sweet thanks al
Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #18
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Originally Posted by Okiespaniels View Post
Also have some suggestions for first time particpants.
That would be appreciated!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #19
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

I guess I hadn't taken that many photos... but there are a couple ideas I'd like to offer up to anyone considering entering a vehicle.
The first thing I should note is that you don't need a lot of mods to be competitive, but I highly reccomend a thorough cleaning of any part of your vehicle you either want the public to see, or think the judging panel might look at. Note: this isn't an attempt to pick on anybody, just some suggestions.

So if you are gonna show off your motor, take a few minutes at the local car wash and give her a quick spray down at least. Get all of this summers bugs out of the radiator Use the foamy brush or something stiffer if need be. If things still aren't to your satisfaction use some dish soap and a couple scrubbers to get the fender wells and battery. Hoses can be cleaned with Westleys and then wipped with a rag with protectant

Ditto with the undercarrage...chrome diff housings should be shiny, and a good cleaning and and a can of semi gloss or chassis black is a great way to temporarly deal with rusty components. Works on plastic wheelwell liners too!

Accentuate the positive! Door dings can be "hidden" by opening the door to reveal your awesome seats and stereo system. While I'm not a fan of them a couple of stuffed critters can be used for the "cute factor".
Same with fender scratches...I should have used fender covers to begin with but now isn't too late.

Tires and rims...the shiney guck goes on the tires and the rest should be clean and free of brake dust. Buy a lug nut brush for a couple bucks and use it.

Mike, you asked about a show board. Not needed but if you have pics of your ride being modded or doing something cool like drag racing or off roading, wouldn't hurt to advertise.

The cool thing is once you've gotten things cleaned and detailed, it takes only a minimal amount of effort to keep them that way. So your time with kids and family doesn't have to suffer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbbbb 005 (700x501).jpg (52.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg bbbbb 006 (700x525).jpg (51.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bbbbb 003 (700x525).jpg (45.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg bbbbb 001 (700x600) (2).jpg (46.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 09-26-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #20
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

For the most part, the body is in pretty good shape, I just got some spots on the paint that are noticeable if you look real close. Other then that its fine, now I just need to get a sub or two so my stereo will be loud again