Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Build Threads

Build Threads The place to put a truck build thread that is constantly updated.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #11
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

So we're somewhere in 2005...maybe late 2004. It's hard to remember sometimes. Time punishes the old...

I added a proper front suspension/lift. 3 inch spacers, longer control arms, limit straps and bump stops. Now many of you know where I've gotten much of my suspension knowledge from. BTW it's very functional, but not perfect. An old friend named Keevin stayed up half the night to assist me. Sadly Keevin has disappeared into the mists of time.
But the suspension works like it should now...there's always room for refinement

The battle between form and function has exploded. All the funky decals, emblems and rub strips were removed.
I finally added dual exhausts, a FIPK, and had a set of factory valve covers chromed. Sport tail lights were purchased at a steal of a price. I put in a set of polished grille inserts. My friend Rich loaned me his driveway again for the exhaust install. Rich now lives in Mo.

Finally, the Kuhmo mudders, wrre replaced in mid 2005 with General At's. That would be a mistake, although one of the A/Ts is still carried as a spare.
I start going on more interesting runs with the Azbc group. The Broken Arrow trail in Sedona becames one of my favorite. Not sure you can squeeze a full size in there now but you could in 2005.

Sharp eyes will notice the rear fender ding, a scar from my trip to Crown King.

More pics from 2005 on the way.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 08-08-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote