Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Audio/Visual

Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #61
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Sweetness
Old 01-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #62
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

glad i could help. do you have a 4 channel? if not you are going to want one. i have the pdx-4.100 and i love it. then you can run all new speaker wire to the doors yea!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #63
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Na it's just a mono amp.. I might hook up another amp down the road if I don't buy another truck

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #64
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
glad i could help. do you have a 4 channel? if not you are going to want one. i have the pdx-4.100 and i love it. then you can run all new speaker wire to the doors yea!
and going through door boots which sucks lol and honestly it doesn't make an audible difference in any of them that i've done... so much so that i stopped doing it in my vehicles i just tap into the factory wiring
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 AM   #65
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

it wasnt too bad and it made me feel better. the rear was a pita, the front took 20-30 mins maybe, and i had never done it. you may be right, it may not make an audible difference but if im going to spend money on the speakers, the amp, and the amp kit. I cant rationalize running a 4awg power wire, 4awg ground wire and running spliced 20-22 awg factory speaker wires. i dont know what the oem wires resistance is im sure it maybe more than enough to handle my 100w +/- per channel but i know for fact that my 16 gauge rf wire will handle it all and more. and yes i know that once a certain size wire is reached increasing the thickness further has no effect. but i dont know that size so i guessed, and it was good
Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #66
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
it wasnt too bad and it made me feel better. the rear was a pita, the front took 20-30 mins maybe, and i had never done it. you may be right, it may not make an audible difference but if im going to spend money on the speakers, the amp, and the amp kit. I cant rationalize running a 4awg power wire, 4awg ground wire and running spliced 20-22 awg factory speaker wires. i dont know what the oem wires resistance is im sure it maybe more than enough to handle my 100w +/- per channel but i know for fact that my 16 gauge rf wire will handle it all and more. and yes i know that once a certain size wire is reached increasing the thickness further has no effect. but i dont know that size so i guessed, and it was good
yeah by no means am i criticizing you or saying you shouldn't have done it lol just for me i don't do it anymore for my rides or my customers most stock speaker wire is between 18-20 on newer cars and you're probably gaining a few extra watts to each speaker from lack of resistance so it's definitely not hurting anything and the best way to do it

i'm going to have to go through my boots when i do my door pods bc i'll be running 3 different stages of speakers 6 per front door total i can see that being all kinds of fun lol
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #67
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

Now I cant wait to see that. I wonder if you could use an aftermarket boot of sorts and just drill a couple of 1/2"-3/4 " holes. I dont know if any one makes one but they should. Maybe 2 grommets and some flexible wire cover, it could look good.