Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Audio/Visual

Old 09-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Default Matt's Build Log

i've already started this way back when but i'm going to try and finish it up soon now that the weather has chilled a bit so i'm going to run a log

putting this sub in my truck 9510 with a full dry carbon fiber cap ...

[/QUOTE]

powerbass 3000d (3krms@1ohm) and a matching 460 watt 4 channel

2 stinger deep cycles

so the sub is super deep and i wasn't going to have a ton of clearance from the seat to the sub but enough since the bottom of the seat can be pushed in quite a bit but......

after not really working on it for a few months i decided to try to finish it up the other day and was looking at it and just wasn't happy with how it sat in there so i grabbed a sledge hammer and beat the cubby pocket where the magnet was hitting it and pushed it out so the sub would set lower and cut a hole in the mold and then fiberglassed a bump into it -- just in case you're wondering its VERY strong lol i used probably more fiberglass than i needed and then laid a layer of dynaglass over it
so then i put it back in and just started trying to imagine where everything is going i picked up a set of powerbass amps a 3000d for the sub and a 450 watt for the mids/highs and i have 2 stingers i wanted to put in as well, well after kind of laying some stuff out i figured out a plan and cut the ridiculously thick rear insulation off the back wall and i'm going to mount the 2 amps to the wall with a sheet of mdf inbetween i already had a gap between the seat and the padding now there's tons of room between the back of the seat and the amps so cooling shouldn't be too big of an issue and then decided to put the batteries in the middle of the hump so i cut the mold and sat the batteries there but then they were on a pretty steep angle and the back of the batteries were hitting the seat so i took out the bfh again and pushed down the metal to make the batteries sit even ... i still got about a day left in it and when it's not so damn hot i'll probably knock it out soon

you can see now i have WAYY more clearance from the sub to the seat

still have a lot of trimming on the mold and then building the frame up around it i don't know if i'm going to cut mdf and join them at angles to make the curves or if i'm going to try and use a single piece of mdf and kerf it .. we'll see

have since done deadener on the entire floor and the back wall including the cubbies i can't seem to find the pictures ... and i'm also debating what i'm wanting to do the doors and i think i figured it out tonight ... i already have infinity kappas in the doors running on a 4 channel and i LOVEE hardcore kickbass especially in rock so i want to beef that up and then overall make it a little louder so i'm going to build a door pod where the door pockets are and smooth it out where the crease is to the door and cover that in black suede... the pods will be built out of fiberglass and a little wood but will house 3 6 1/2's per side 2 kicker compvt's and i'm not sure what i'm going to do for components i might pick up a set of kicker qs series ... they sound great ....

excuse the door handle and the trim piece i was figuring out some stuff lol
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #2
myoung84
Super Moderator

Very nice! I hate fiberglassing...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Matt
SRT-10 Member

agreeeeeeeeeeeed x10000 the worst thing in the world is sanding fiberglass in the heat lol bc you're wearing atleast 1 set of sleeves and a mask and just burning up hahah
Old 09-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

damn dude that's going to thump like a sob.. very nice build tho

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

your bfh gave your box a tumor lol. the magnet on that thing is huge. the door panels are going to be kick ass or kicker ass. so we are looking at 6000 rms for the subs that is going to be awesome.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Damn dude, you don't do anything small do you?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
your bfh gave your box a tumor lol. the magnet on that thing is huge. the door panels are going to be kick ass or kicker ass. so we are looking at 6000 rms for the subs that is going to be awesome.
lol right? ... yeah it's iike 340oz if i remember right? ... they should sound awesome when done hopefully .... 3000 rms for the 1 10, about 600 rms for the 4 6.5 subs and about 450 watts rms for the 4 door speakers and whatever 6.5 i decide to run in the front so a solid 4k and still seating for 6 lol i couldve put buckets in the rear and did a crazy console but i wanted it fairly stock

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
Damn dude, you don't do anything small do you?
no and it's getting old lol my name is matt and i have a problem -- you should've seen some of my other cars lol
Old 09-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by Matt View Post
lol right? ... yeah it's iike 340oz if i remember right? ... they should sound awesome when done hopefully .... 3000 rms for the 1 10, about 600 rms for the 4 6.5 subs and about 450 watts rms for the 4 door speakers and whatever 6.5 i decide to run in the front so a solid 4k and still seating for 6 lol i couldve put buckets in the rear and did a crazy console but i wanted it fairly stock
got cha. for some reason i misread your post and saw "i picked up a set of powerbass amps" and though you were doing two subs. i guess i should read slower lol. none the less that is going to be amazing once it is complete.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

That's crazy man lol bet it's gonna be loud!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

That looks like you stuck a tennis ball in as you were glassing.