Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Build Threads

Build Threads The place to put a truck build thread that is constantly updated.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
okcoalroler99
cummin get some

Default okcoalrolers truck build thread

Well instead of makin new threads im guna jus keep adding to this one with updates on what i have done and wana do etc.
01 2500 QCLB 6sp cummins 2x4
First day i got it

The stack

Tag light i got on the way to florida

Workin alil

New tint

Its Dark and i love it
My nissan and the dodge today after i washed and detailed both of them right before the RAIN

ok guys her is what ive done to it so far: stack, tint and it has a quadzilla adrinlin pluse v2 not alot yet im kinda thinkin my way through this build and ofcoarse gota have LOTS of money....my plan is to have a 600hp+ truck first im guna build the foundation i am working on gettin a airdog 150 gph lift pump (gota feed it) and a southbend double disk clutch (gota hang on ot the hp) then when i get the money saved im guna slap a set of BD twin turbos along with a set of hamilton valve springs arp head studs full 5" exaust o ya some 7X.013 injectors plus a few other ods and ends and wala a 600 ish hp truck....other plans are i gota get rid of these 4:10 rearend it sux.before i get the turbo spoold im at the end of the gears...also im guna atleast lower the rear 3" maby more (leval) and some wheels prolly 20's but idk what kind yet so many choises lol...and ofcoarse HID's and LED tails a roll pan 7. Cab liggts and whatever i come up with lol thats my plan il keep yall posted
Old 07-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Hell yeah man looks like some good plans you got. Keep us posted
Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
okcoalroler99
cummin get some

O ya its a slow work in progress mainly cuz of money head studs for example are $1000ish lol spend months saving to buy somethin then you get it and it takes a few hrs to install it
Old 07-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

Originally Posted by okcoalroler99 View Post
O ya its a slow work in progress mainly cuz of money head studs for example are $1000ish lol spend months saving to buy somethin then you get it and it takes a few hrs to install it
Originally Posted by okcoalroler99 View Post
I know what youre saying about the diesel game being a money pit. You can pick up head studs way cheaper than $1000 i gave 450 for my arp 425s and in all my days ive never seen a real world failure of them when theyre properly installed for example, I push about 35 psi on mine every time I take it down the track and don't even think twice about the hg and I am confident in them way past that.

My best friend used to have a truck almost identical to yours. He had a 2" leveling kit on the front of his and 20s and it looked pretty dang good. The truck was similar to what you're wanting to build. It had a edge drag comp stacked with a smarty sr 150hp injectors banks high ram intake horn, a rigged Holley blue lift pump from oreillys and a ceramic single disk clutch from napa and she would flat get it until we sprayed a 150 shot on her one night at the track and fried the rings and valve seals to a crisp. But hey, we still drove it home! She just used a little oil lol. We did all this with a set of arp 425s holding the head down and making 50+ pounds of boost on a stock turbo.

Can't wait to see this truck grow bud. TONS of potential

Heres a pic of the truck. Sorry if it's too small. I'm on a dumb phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ff1103bb.jpg (39.8 KB, 3 views)
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

"America is all about speed. hot,nasty,badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
1Tuff6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
okcoalroler99
cummin get some

Got another lil upgrade today BHAF big honkin air filter ita a big ass dry paper filter the best way to do it IMO piss on oiled filters if you need more air get a filter with more surface area.....when i feel froggy n do it im guna route it out under the front bumper and make some kinda ram air system
Old 07-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
okcoalroler99
cummin get some

I can make 44 with my hy35! Its screamin with that quadzilla....im thinkin bout goin to play at the drag strip saturday night.....she wont be real fast she is quick not fast lol

THIS IS BOUT ALL SHE HAS TILL I GET TALLER GEARS
Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #7
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

Damn. Ya 4.10s are a pita until you have to pull something then they're kinda nice. I took my truck to thunder valley 2 weekends ago and made a best pass of 16.2 I wasn't too disappointed for a 8000 pound truck on 37" tires. I couldn't get it to hook up though and at about the 1/8 mark my programmer would defuel because of either high boost or egts, I have my boost defuel set at 37psi so as not to overspend the turbo. There's no telling how high it would go if I didn't have any self control lol. I'm eventually gonna get a turbo that's not so restrictive and water meth to keep it cool and some traction bars to hold those dang tires down and give it another shot.
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
okcoalroler99
cummin get some

Here is a vid from 60 to 90 its not anything to really brag about YET it will leave my maxima settin in the dust lol not bad for a 6 banger....thats my tune on the quad im dien to download the torque tune they say its mean as hell but neither of my labtops will read the quad ugh.....il be.in panola all day unless i figure out an excuse to leave idk what ur schedule is but id like to check out that 6.7.....also need someone to film a burnout i havent smoked em good in this truck yet and im itchin to try
Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #9
okcoalroler99
cummin get some

O forgot the vid

Last edited by okcoalroler99; 07-10-2012 at 06:33 AM.
okcoalroler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

Can't see the vid for whatever reason. May be this dumb phone I'm on. I'll see of I can make it work when I get home. I should get home about 3:30 today. You anywhere around the eufaula area?

-Eleanor Roosevelt