LowRam
Jon

Alright. Thanks
LowRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #22
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by LowRam View Post
yea i know they wouldnt sound the best with the 12s but i mean it would be a little something just to have better than the nothing that in it lol.

doubletake will you see what kind of 12s they were and stuff for me. ive googled for custom sub enclosures for 94-01 rams and never found any box that would fit behind the seat of a single cab
no i mean that it will sound absolutely terrible lol you don't realize how much a box affects the sound ..

can I get the demensions to that box?
just remember he had that box built for certain subs not all speakers are designed the same and have different needs ie: different tuning/box size/power handling so just bc it was amazing on those subs if you don't go with the same speakers your output could be quite a bit different
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
LowRam
Jon

alright thanks matt. anything will sound better than this 12" rockford shallow mount that ive got and its in the rockford box that was made for the sub... im pretty sure my 5 year old sony xplod 10" sounds better than this thing even in a shitty box thats not even air tight lol
Old 01-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
Matt
SRT-10 Member

alright thanks matt. anything will sound better than this 12" rockford shallow mount that ive got and its in the rockford box that was made for the sub... im pretty sure my 5 year old sony xplod 10" sounds better than this thing even in a shitty box thats not even air tight lol
you'd probably have the same sound honestly both are terrible lol that p3 slim is garbage haha
Old 01-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #25
LowRam
Jon

Agreed! I havent heard any rockford system that i actually liked..
Old 01-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #26
Matt
SRT-10 Member

ahh you can't compare their worst performing sub to everything else ... their p2's are pretty decent for the cost and their power t series stuff is GREAT ...
Old 01-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #27
LowRam
Jon

well matt im kind of holding off with the system in the dodge now. ive went a head and started walling the tahoe. but not for four 15s, its going to be 10ft^3 and tuned at 37htz going for some beastly SPL lol
right now its framed in and ready to lay some MDF, its bolted thru the body so it wont move at all, and after its all together im going to go thru and trim it all in from floor to cieling and from one side to the other.
hope it comes out as planned
Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #28
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Confused on the reason you're walling it off and ESPECIALLY at such a low tuning you have plenty of room for a crx style box and will be louder to the ear and the mic if you're going to do 10 cubes the way a wall is setup an inch here or there will make a difference on your score so if you're not testing EVERY step with a term lab you aren't going to maximize the wall... It's way easier and a lot less error to do a crx style in a suv and most of the time way louder ...
Old 01-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #29
LowRam
Jon

Im not sure what a crx box is..

and i wish i had access to a term lab
Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Subs firing up towards the roof port at bottom firing back at the hatch.. MURDERS IN A SUV when done right