Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #1511
myoung84
Super Moderator

I also tried plastidip on my bumpers and I wasn't impressed with the look. It looks good on my grille, but not so much on the bumpers. You can get the front and rear powder coated for about $200. Then try plasti-dip with glossifier on the grille.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #1512
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

I would swap everything over...... I might leave the wheels and tires because I think I found another set that I want.. But other than that everything would be switched over..

I have my dealer contacting that dealer to get some more info and numbers and shit. We will see

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #1513
Administrator

So......you can hide this from the "wifey" as they are so close? LOL
Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #1514
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Believe it or not guys...... I really think I could hide this from her... Until she seen the Cummins badge.... You know I would leave that on the truck

My only issue is that "I Know" one of the first things I am going to want to do is rip out that exhaust and DPF but being in NY I would fail inspection if that was removed. (In NY if you go for inspection and they see that the DPF has been removed they will not pass you for inspection and I heard that they have to report the VIN and owner if this is removed)

So that is really killing me..... I could get the truck and then register it in OK again but I would be double taxed if I did this and that would really suck...

Kinda torn guys

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #1515
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Dont be a pussy.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #1516
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Hhaha........... EPA is a bunch of dicks dude.... I'd be getting tickets left and right.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #1517
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

Default Re: The Offical B.S Thread!!!!

Two words kyle.. remove and replace..
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

"America is all about speed. hot,nasty,badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
1Tuff6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #1518
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

But if you are going to delete it you better do it fast. I was in a diesel shop here last Friday and they had a mini maxx 1500 dollars. I only gave 950 for mine. Nobody is making DPF delete tuners anymore but you can still find a few floating around and I've heard the last run that H&S did add a bunch of software issues because of them trying to get them out the door as quickly as possible do to EPA pressure. I think it would be a badass truck though dude for sure. You could always stealth delete it just hollow out the Dpf the NO x filter and the cat and run it like that with a muffler and no inspection shop would ever know the difference just put it on the low power setting when you have to do a smog test and that should get you by. If you do decide to do it hit me up man if you have any questions I live and breathe this stuff
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #1519
myoung84
Super Moderator

You know Kyle, I would consider waiting for a 2013 with urea injection. I think on a truck that you don't plan on deleting, the urea would be much better than the DPF system. And the interior on the 2013's is pretty sweet.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #1520
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

There are pros and cons to urea. From what I've seen in my work truck which is a 6.7 powerstroke and my dads 2012 duramax, the mileage is better (about 17 both are 4wd) however, the money you spend on DEF is nearly equivalent to the extra money you'd spend on fuel in a non def truck.

If it was me, I'd buy one and delete it while you can for two reasons,
1. A deleted truck is more reliable basically because your engine isn't eating its own crap.
2. Because if I can't hear my cummins then I'd just as well drive my suzuki..

-Eleanor Roosevelt