Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #1391
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

No problem man, you don't have anything to stress about. Sounds like the car has been taken care of fine.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #1392
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

I am man enough to admit that I really haven't taken as good a care of her car as I should, but its good to know that a little - forgetfullness - doesn't hurt as bad as I feared.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #1393
myoung84
Super Moderator

If I ever buy another extended warranty it will be the warranty directly fro Chrysler. I have third party warranties on both of my vehicles and luckily I've never had to use them. I rarely hear good things about them. I can just imagine toasting something like the transmission on the Charger and fighting with them to get it replaced...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #1394
Graygoose
new but not Newb

David,

Same thing happened to my sons first car. Bought it usd at Bob Howard Honda, and tranny went out. Tranny shop called them, they said they had to send a rep by to look. It was only like 2 days and he came by, sure enough, tranny was out and approved payment. If you have the first 5 days, and no rep comes by, you can argue that it wasnt your fault for delay and get more days covered.
Thats why on some of the other forums guys say they change their own oil, whcih is totally fine. But this is also why I have dealer do it since this is my first brand new truck personally, so I know they can't blame anyone but themselves. All records and mechanicals were done by them. To me, worth not having the hastle...plus, I still have several free oil changes to use. And by the way I drive, less than 7000k a year, I will never pay for oil change until I trade it in.

Graygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #1395
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

That has always been my fear, that if anything happened to the truck and and I needed warranty, I do all the maintenance work on the truck. So there is never any service record.

I keep all maintenance work done by me wrote in the RAM book. But then again how would they know if I didn't just write it in after any damage was done..

But your fine D. Man like everyone said you have some wiggle room with oil changes.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #1396
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

I went by to get my son's car seat out of the Journey and got a chance to talk to the tech working on the car. He said this particular warranty company does this on nearly every large repair and, from what he sees, there is nothing to worry about. He said the car has obviously been taken care of to a reasonable standard.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #1397
Administrator

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
Was the parts truck a diesel though? If I remember correctly, diesels generally have a 10k mile recommended oil change. On 3/4 and 1 ton trucks anyways
no, it was a shitty 4.2 V6

Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
If I ever buy another extended warranty it will be the warranty directly fro Chrysler. I have third party warranties on both of my vehicles and luckily I've never had to use them. I rarely hear good things about them. I can just imagine toasting something like the transmission on the Charger and fighting with them to get it replaced...
heard that..........just dropped a TON on a chrysler warranty on mine.

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
I went by to get my son's car seat out of the Journey and got a chance to talk to the tech working on the car. He said this particular warranty company does this on nearly every large repair and, from what he sees, there is nothing to worry about. He said the car has obviously been taken care of to a reasonable standard.
good to hear!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #1398
myoung84
Super Moderator

Just bought me a Chrome bug shield on RF for $50! Should I paint it black, white, or plastidip it? I have a nice dent and paint chip in my hood and this will cover it up...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #1399
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Black FTW

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #1400
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member