Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Don't get me wrong Al. I love my truck and I think the world of it but I didn't realize what the Kicker bash was about because I had never been there before I had no idea that some of the vendors that were there were going to be there Like "Truckin" I knew there were going to be a ton of highly modded and bad ass cars and trucks there which is why I did not want to enter my truck because I didn't think I would be ale to get anyone to look at my truck because it's pretty much stock lol... Let alone have someone from "truckin" take a picture of my truck..

After we arrived and seen some of the trucks that were entered I was a little more at ease becuase most of the people were just run of the mill people like us that use their rides as daily drivers which was really cool..

I just didn't know what to expect as I had never been before.... But I am Stoked that our trucks made the Truckin shoot..... it's so awesome!!

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Well said Al, Im also stoked our trucks are on Truckin! To me, thats a pretty awesome accomplishment! Practically every car show on this planet, there are gonna be guys that enter their daily drivers, so thats why anytime Im gonna enter my truck from now on, Im not gonna worry about it. Its always gonna be a work in progress, just gonna look better each show
Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #33
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 View Post
Don't get me wrong Al. I love my truck and I think the world of it but I didn't realize what the Kicker bash was about because I had never been there before I had no idea that some of the vendors that were there were going to be there Like "Truckin" I knew there were going to be a ton of highly modded and bad ass cars and trucks there which is why I did not want to enter my truck because I didn't think I would be ale to get anyone to look at my truck because it's pretty much stock lol... Let alone have someone from "truckin" take a picture of my truck..

After we arrived and seen some of the trucks that were entered I was a little more at ease becuase most of the people were just run of the mill people like us that use their rides as daily drivers which was really cool..

I just didn't know what to expect as I had never been before.... But I am Stoked that our trucks made the Truckin shoot..... it's so awesome!!
Good for you Kyle and you too Colton!...cuz like I said, we need the next generation of enthusiasts to step forward and pass through the gate. I wish more guys(and GALS) had your attitude.

Yes...I understand, you can have fun as spectator. But it's so much cooler to be on the field. And this state has one of the coolest non competitive attitudes when it comes to enjoying your vehicle. I can assure from living there that people on the coasts and elsewhere may have a different attitude.

Shows like the Kicker blast attract attention because they are a national vendor and probably a Truckin' mag advertiser, which is why the photog was there.

Local shows, especially in small towns, are a whole different kind of cool. For me and T-Bear, it's a people watching sensory overload!. There's local food to eat, shops to check out...and I mentioned people watching right?

If I were you guys, I'd write a note of thanks to the magazine and/or the photojounalist who was there. Might even mention a quick blurb about the forum and Mike or Dave or Colton should probably send the web addy with an invite to stop by. Can't hurt.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 04-06-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote