Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #511
myoung84
Super Moderator

Sounds like a nice computer David. I really like HP stuff. My work laptop is an HP and has treated me very well.

Glad your enjoying your tablet colton!

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #512
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

I know I keep bringing it up, but I'm excited now! I already got a pretty good scholarship offer from OCU! Hoping they keep coming my way!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #513
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 View Post
That's a pretty bad ass deal dude..

I just picked up another laptop 2 days ago.. I got the HP Dv7 with Beats Audio (Dre Style Bitches) lol but I Love this thing it's massive. got the 17" screen Core i7 beast mode..

Yeah I tried the Mac thing.... like you said they can keep them. One of the guys I work with just bought the Mac Book Pro 17" screen at like $1,900... We compared both mine and his.. Mine has right around the same space same screen size (Way Better Sound) and I piad $790 out the door for mine.
Ya you can't compare Mac vs pc apple has a better computer with way more preloaded software and certain things most pcs never have (beastly built in graphics cards, led backlit keys and insane battery life) but pc will always win on cost vs specs ... I was just like all of you never thought it was worth the price for Mac vs pc but after biting the bullet and trying it I'll never go back I keep a cheap windows laptop to take to work and not worry about it getting stolen or damaged but I'll never not have a Mac again the performance gains strictly bc of the os differences is staggering plus by the time you start loading up a windows machine to equal out an buy antivirus and such and calculate that a Mac is cheaper to upgrade and they last a lot longer an hold resale the costs get a lot closer for most people theyd rather save money up front so windows works ... One of those can't knock it till you try it
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #514
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

I have owned 2 mac books and was not impressed with it anymore then a Windows OS this last HP I had and still have, I have had it for 7 years and never had a problem with it. HP has never let me down. And the graphics card in this new HP is phenomenal and everyone with our company that owns a mac has problems with our GIS maps and email.

Mac's are nice but there are plenty of computers that are better for the value.. the only thing Mac has going for it is the OS and that it can't get as many viruses as Windows and in my opinion that's a mediocre OS at best..

Everyone has there own opinion tho. But I was never really impressed with mac more than Windows.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #515
Matt
SRT-10 Member

So they have software issues that's going to be a given if you're using stuff that's built around windows... Define mediocre os? Lol what does windows do better in your opinion
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #516
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Both of them have there ups and downs. Like I stated before it all comes down to personal preference I just like working with Windows OS. And in my opinion they are way over priced and not worth the extra cash just because the word Apple/mac is on it.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #517
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

dave i have that exact same laptop and i love it. minus the keyboard fritzing for no apparent reason but it only cost 50 ish to replace, that was paying someone to do it. its easy enough to do by yourself for around 30 and it takes about 5-10 min.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #518
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Just got to work and I'm already on the computer...why? Because the previous shift is still at least an hour or more away from being complete. My shift completes everything we do at least 2-3 HOURS before the next shift arrives and our tasks take far longer than the first shifts...what a way to start a LONG day.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #519
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

That blows dude

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #520
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

damn incompetence