Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Thread re-opened...tantrum subsided...

I'll explain everything later when I have time to type it out...
Old 08-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #32
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

Tell us your troubles. I'm not a real therapist... But I play one on tv.....
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

"America is all about speed. hot,nasty,badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
1Tuff6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #33
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Here's where I am: the bike developed a small (very small) fuel leak that I could not find in an easily seen spot. However it was very obvious because raw fuel smells so bad. I started looking into the typical places raw fuel would leak.

I took the carbs all apart thinking that it was the bowls. Replaced the bowl seals and bowl drain screws and put everything back together. I put a little fuel in the bike and ran it for about 10 minutes...nothing.

I then filled it up in anticipation of riding it the next day...and it started to leak. I felt determined to find the source so I started tearing the bike down immediately to find exactly where it was leaking...I found it was only the fuel line to the rear set of carbs...something I could have replaced without ever taking the carbs off..oh well.

Went yesterday morning to get some new fuel line and hose clamps. While installing them (with the carbs on the bike) I had to rotate the fuel tube on the rear two carbs. Got that installed and all excited...still leaking, but now from the ends of the fuel tube for the rear two carbs. I guess while rotating it, I caused another problem because the seals at the end of the fuel tube are 16 years old. Now I'm not going to touch that damn thing for a few days so that I dont' just push it over and set it ablaze with the fuel its leaking from the carbs.

I guess the only way to fix this problem is new fuel tube seals. I also found out you have to remove the carb bank and also separate those two rear carbs from the bank in order to change the seals. This is going to get interesting. Taking the carbs off isn't too hard, just time consuming. I really wish I could have sold it this weekend as I really want that black S10, but what can you do, right?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #34
Administrator

well thats shitty!

I'll all for the bonfire, take a vid of that shit? LOL
Old 08-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #35
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Well I tore down the bike again yesterday and spent a little time getting all the unreachable places cleaned up after I got done.

I decided that I would test the carbs before I start ordering parts. I'm going to go and buy a cheap petcock and a long piece of fuel line to rig up a way to put a lot of fuel pressure (for a carb setup...nothing like fuel injected pressure) on them and make sure I know where the leak is. I want to verify it isn't leaking elsewhere (like somewhere much easier to fix) and just running down and dripping everywhere since the bike has been leaning every time I have checked.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #36
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

holy hell man, i hope you get it sorted. and a new s-10. i want a 98 rc stepside s-10. that was my first truck and started me modding
Old 08-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #37
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Get the bike running ASAP! Student loan checks are coming out in short order. I'd bet some student would love to have that as there easy to park very fuel efficient primary transportation. I'd bet you could get $2500+ for it right now. Wait much longer and the weather will start to turn and it will get harder and harder to sell it.

I'm not sure I feel the same way you do about the square body s-10s, just a personal taste thing I guess. But I'm not sure that you could ever get your investment back on one. take for example your "sex on wheels" that guy is trying to unlod it as a roller for $7000 and is willing to take less. I'd bet he has $10k in the chassis (minus engine and trans) I say go with a Fox Body Mustang, or a 70's to Early 80's Camaro or Firebird...something that will appreciate in value and collectability.

Last edited by MegaCabMan; 08-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.
MegaCabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #38
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

I appreciate what you are saying Randall, but for me the S-10 won't be an investment. I am looking for that feeling of driving my old truck again and finally getting to do the things I dreamed of to it.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #39
916Timmy
Hemi Gangsta!!!!

I saw a really nice green single cab yesterday, but it wasn't for sale! Body was perfect!

BellTech 963SP / InTune / Volant / Fastman / Magnaflow / Moroso AOS / 180 T-Stat / Mech Fan Delete & V-6 E-Fan / Amsoil
14.574 @ 97.82 3.21 gears, full street trim, 5120 pounds on the scale!!!
916Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #40
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Update:

Received my new seals (12 in all) and replaced them all without any trouble. Now I'm really hoping that my carb issues are fixed and I can put the bike back together this evening.