Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > Local shop reviews

Local shop reviews A place to recommend or disapprove of local shops, businesses, etc.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Default Performance Muffler - Norman, Ok

I've used Performance Muffler at the corner of Gray and Porter in Norman for a number of years. The only problems I've ever run into are the welds are not the cleanest and I've even had issues with leaks at times. The guys are pretty cool and almost always allow, if not invite, you to the back to watch and bullshit. I think their prices can get a bit high on some very simple work. Overall, I would most likely recommend them over other shops in Norman but would be open to suggestions on other places to try.

Good:
Cool atmosphere
Decent work
Usually able to accept walk-ins immediately

Bad:
Only "decent" work
Prices fluctuate and get a bit high for simple work
Old 09-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

They're some pretty cool guys, I've had some good experiences over there. Haven't had any exhaust work done, but they checked my catalytic converter to make sure it wasn't clogged up with carbon and didn't even charge me for it. That earned them business right there.

We also took a pipe there to be flanged when we straight piped my dad's truck. We just walked in and they had it done in about 10 minutes while we were back there with them just talking. Overall I give them a 9/10, mostly for the friendly atmosphere there
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
HonkEwitDaJeep
V6 Member

If you have problems with it, I would go in and ask Doug to take a look at it, he has done quite a bit of work on my vehicles and even fixed another shops screw up for free.
HonkEwitDaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

After another experience I want to amend my previous post to say that I am very happy with the service I received last Thursday. I took the truck in to have a Magnaflow y-pipe installed. Once the truck was on the lift, I told Doug my thoughts on Dodge's terrible idea of running a crossover pipe directly underneath the transmission pan. He worked with me and listened to my idea. The work he did was amazing. I honestly think that his remembering my truck and us talking about Landon's Jeep and Bee helped a bit, but whatever it was it worked. His price was VERY fair as well. I won't take my truck anywhere else from now on.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
nightmatt
lifted member

I used them once. they did alright work not the best I felt like. I get all my work done at muffler king off of shields and SE 89th. they do awesome welds and u can go watch and talk to them as they work, and they are super nice. they even welded some stuff for free for me. there credit card machine didn't work one time so he told me to go down to a store or bank or whatever and get some money. I figure that was pretty trustful. there price has always been real good too.