Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #11
myoung84
Super Moderator

My company car is a 2010 Impala, so it's not like I'm just itching to drive it everyday. LOL.

I'm bad about compulsive buying and that needs to stop. LOL. Example: Sean sent me an email about the release of the Jeep tuning and I ordered it immediately. Wife got a little pissed about that, which I get. Why does her Jeep need more power? It doesn't. I did resist dumping $5k on a supercharger for the truck. I think that was smart. There aren't going to be many mods done this year at all.

I think what has me worried is having two mortgages for an extended period. I really don't want two payments on top of the regular new house expenses. Building a house is even worse. You put down a hefty deposit, get your completion date, and try to time the sale of the current house perfectly. Can't really back out at that point if this house doesn't sell and we have no other options for temp housing if it sells early. Then there's the issue of the equity. I've got some decent equity in this house but will be lucky to break even after all the BS fees, closing costs, commissions, etc. That just sucks.

This year my plans are to update a few things to make it easier to sell. I need a new back fence, need to replace the 80's style counter tops in all the bathrooms with some low cost granite, have the kitchen cabinets refinished, and replace the carpet. I replaced all the appliance recently with stainless and a fancy french door fridge that I plan on leaving, which could help. My goal is to make this house 100% move in ready so I can hopefully dump it quickly when the time comes.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote