Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #481
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by ramthis9501 View Post
Need to vent....

School needs to fall in a hole and die. My teachers need to quit their job and go pick up trash off of the side of the highway. I'm getting sick of 5 tests a damn week and failing them since one there's no time to study for them and two the teachers suck complete ass at what they do. I mean seriously why the hell do they want to make junior year hell for you? It's the time of the year for semester tests and of course I have to do all the difficult ones. And for those you have to pull everything you've learned through the entire year out of your ass for one test. Shit when are they going to realize that pretty much every single thing we learn in there isn't going to apply to our lives? For example: Geometry, we have to know every single thing there is to know about a congruent triangle. When in the hell will I ever need to know that again? I'm going in to the medical field to work on mediflight, pretty sure I dont need to know how to find what x equals when I don't give a shit. I'm just stressed to the absolute max right now because my brain is on overload. Christmas break just needs to get here now. Even better, the end of high school.

Rant over. Thanks for reading if you did, I just needed to get that off my chest. Actually fill a little better now.
i will play the role of the other side.. you are a 16 year old kid ranting about how tough school is. You don't realize yet how tough life will be, you are ranting to "mostly" grown adults that have to work their asses off with a terrible boss to be able to pay for rent/food/etc for themselves and their family sometimes they struggle with even those basic things. Most of us have graduated high school and i bet everyone will agree that it was the easiest or close to time of our lives. You need to have a little more respect for your teachers ... yes there are good ones and bad ones however most of them live very sub-par lives financially and have a drive to help you learn and yadda .. there are very few people who become a teacher "just because" most are there to help mold young minds and help you become a better person in society. In every class there are kids like you who complain about not using what they are learning in the real world... and for a lot of stuff they are absolutely right but it's what takes a high school diploma and if you plan on going to college get used to it you'll have to take all kinds of stuff that isn't related to your degree -- and the kicker.. you have to pay for it as well. You might not ever use geometry again but you will face obstacles every day in your life and part of high school is learning how to get through tough circumstances and become an adult bc you will certainly face harder things once you're in the "real world". You might take a look at your priorities and what exactly is going on bc for someone who doesn't have a lot of time to study for school you spend an awful lot of time on this forum, including during school time.

Cliff notes:
Delegate your time wiser, cut out stuff that isn't important even if it's temporary.
Don't take school lightly, you'll regret it later in life- most will anyways.
Don't be so hard on your teachers they are there bc they want to help and don't get a ton of benefits to do so.
Buckle up bc after high school it only gets harder.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #482
myoung84
Super Moderator

I'm going to have to agree with Matt on this one. I had the same thoughts you do when I was in high school, but now that I look back on it, those 4 years weren't really that bad. Bust ass in school and get good grades, it will make the rest of your life much easier.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #483
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

I know what your saying my and your right. The teachers I'm talking about really don't need to be doing what they're doing, trust me. I try to devote my time but studying one night for a test the next morning gets really old really quick. That's what we have to do all the time in anatomy. I guess I just had to get that out because I'm having a hard time with it right now. I'm going to try my best with these semester tests but it's gonna be tough. Thanks guys, I realize high school is easy as it gets, guess I'm going to have go get used to it...
Old 12-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #484
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Hang in there bud.. I know its a pain in the ass but to tell you the truth. As much as I hated school there are days I wish I was back there instead of working my ass off.. and you will find your boss in the future could be way more of a Dick then your teachers.. so just grit your teeth and get it done dude..

Nobody likes highschool or college when they are there... Ask those people that same question in a few years when they have been working and actually living on there own.. I'm not saying everyone would want to be back in them days but a good amount will.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #485
Matt
SRT-10 Member

I had a great time in high school and loved it lol guess I'm the oddity I was involved in all the extra stuff and votech so I had a full plate but I had a good time it was nice only having to work for gas/spending money my only bill till I moved out at 18 was my cell ... Ahh if I could only go back again lol
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #486
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

That's another thing, I need to find a job lol Mowing over the summer just didn't cut it. I've applied at a few places here in Blanchard and of course haven't gotten a single call back. Probably need to go into Norman and try there to.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #487
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

You will impress the manager of any business, from a burger flipper to a CEO, by calling them and asking about an interview. Don't rely on them looking for you, call them, tell them you just wanted to insure that your application made it to their desk and would like to know when scheduling an interview would be a possibility.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #488
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

^^ Very good strategy.. I agree 100% with Dave

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #489
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

I actually handed my application to the manager at Ace Hardware and didnt get a call after she said they would. But I just found out that mazzios is hiring for delivery drivers. Might have to look into that.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #490
myoung84
Super Moderator

All good points, David is 100% correct. If you can, definitely try to hand the application into the manager. Also, be persistent and almost pushy to try and set up an interview, but stop just short of being annoying. Someone that calls every couple days to follow up on a job is way more likely to get called in for an interview than someone who drops an application at the counter and waits for a call back. You have to show them that you want the job.

I'm in sales and you have to be very persistent and follow up on every job. You can't be the annoying car salesman type that pisses them off, but you have to let them know you want their business and can deliver exactly what they want and make them comfortable with giving you a half million dollar purchase order. Job hunting is very similar. You are selling yourself to them, so to speak...

And save the Mazzios thing for a last resort. It will put a bunch of unneeded wear and tear on your truck and you will never get ahead with paying for gas and maintenance on your truck. Not to mention your cab will reek of pizza for the next 10 years. Not real popular with the ladies, (unless they're big girls who like to eat) NOM NOM NOM.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

Last edited by myoung84; 12-14-2011 at 05:39 PM.
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote