Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
myoung84
Super Moderator

Default Thinking of buying a Cummins...

Since I now have a company car and will not be driving the truck to and from work or fetching the weekly groceries,I am thinking about buying a 2500 4x4 Cummins... I have always wanted this truck but never bought one because of the amount of miles I drive and the stop and go driving everyday to work. The only times it will get driven is on trips when the company car is not practical or if I need to tow or haul something. It will get most it's miles in the summer dragging the boat around. I really don't need it, but it's something I have always wanted and now I'm confident I'm not going to be rough on engine with short grocery trips.

This is still 6+ months away,but I am already starting to plan and get excited. I have already started the wife approval process and she hasn't completely bashed the idea,so I'm off to a good start... I have already decided on a white 4x4 Crew cab short bed. The biggest decision I have to make is whether to buy new or used. The biggest determining factor will be warranty coverage on a used truck. I'm can't say I won't mod the truck,but the drive train will remain stock.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote