Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #31
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Ok I really like the other truck..... Outdoorsman edition this thing has all kinds of goodies. Nav, backup assist, the center console, spray on bed liner, and a ton of other shit.... This one is priced at 55k... But he's working on some promotions and some other shit.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #32
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Good luck buddy. I've heardthe outdoorsman is awesome.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #33
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Oh this one is the perfect truck dude... I had to leave the dealership before we got done with everything... Work was calling me. So might be Monday before I know anything.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 10-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #34
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Good luck man
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #35
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

that had got to be frustrating
Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #36
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

Keep in mind with the DPF delete, if you trade the truck in later for the next truck you will kill your resale value because the dealer will see your truck is missing $5000 in parts, that they will have to replace. Also you may run into warranty issues. In the type of work you do you cant count on going to your favorite mod friendly dealer for a repair. If your truck breaks your going to have to get it fixed and fast, it's your bread and butter and you wont have time to fight with some dealer in Podunk America over whether or not your mod caused the failure.

Just my .02, but that's why I am waiting till I hit 100K mi before I dick with modding on my truck.

And $48k on that truck ain't bad, you might could squeeze them for another grand or 2 but that's going to be about it.

Good luck!
MegaCabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #37
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Speaking of Podunk dealers........ I should have gone to the dealer I usually go to..

This bunch of people is a joke.. I'll give the short version

So I get to the dealership this morning and meet with the sales guy, we start going over the contract and I’m noticing little "Hidden fees" here and there so as I’m calling bull shit he keeps getting up and going to the sales manager.. Well about the 3rd time he gets up to go talk to him I decided I was going to tag along because things were not adding up like I was told.. So I go into his office and the S.M guy looks at me and goes.. You can go have a seat at his (the sales guy) desk we are talking about a few thing?? Really dude.....

So I said no I’d rather listen in since what was arranged the other day is not being presented to me now.. So the S.M. asked me to have a seat and starts going into this long drawn out story about how the sales guy is new and not really use to how promotions and sign on bonus stuff works and that he made a few "mistakes" in telling me he could get me what he offered me the other day?.......... So I said then why are you allowing him to make deals with people if he does not know the ins and outs of negotiating deals?

Now this is the part that really pissed me off and threw the whole deal...

This man looks at me then looks down at a sheet of paper and says..... "I don't know what you’re trying to do getting us to make these numbers going down, judging from your monthly income you could have this truck paid off in a year.. It’s not like your hurting for money"....... are you fucking kidding me?

So I told him that it was no business of his how much money I made or when I would pay the truck off.. But that we agreed on one thing and now you’re telling me that you’re not going to because I make too much money and you feel that I can pay for the whole thing????? What a fucking ass clown..

I told him it's not about money for me.. It’s about making a deal that both parties agree on and sticking to that.. And I mean we are not talking an ass load of money off the sticker price we are talking like 5 or 6 grand.. and I was looking to drop 10-12 grand down on it....... so I told these ass hats to get bent.. The sales guy followed me out all the way to my truck and then when I left he called me begging me to come back... I don't think so..

So I decided to check some reviews about this place..(Which I should have done in the first place due to this not being my usual dealer) and sure as shit this place has some bad reviews.. And they were all about how shitty the S.M was to them and how he lied to them about everything... Sounds familiar huh......

So I called my dealer and he said if I wanted to he could have a truck like that in a week or so if I wanted it.. So my lesson was learned here.. But I was excited about this one for real.. I might try and work something out with my dealer sometime when I can make it back to NY..

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 10-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #38
MegaCabMan
King of Fun

WOW! classic old school car dealership games. The place won't be in business long acting like that. In today's "information age" society you got to play the game on the up-and-up of your gonna be out.

Sorry to hear you got your time wasted...you should post this over on DT along with the Dealer's name so someone else doesn't get hosed.
MegaCabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #39
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by MegaCabMan View Post
Keep in mind with the DPF delete, if you trade the truck in later for the next truck you will kill your resale value because the dealer will see your truck is missing $5000 in parts, that they will have to replace. Also you may run into warranty issues. In the type of work you do you cant count on going to your favorite mod friendly dealer for a repair. If your truck breaks your going to have to get it fixed and fast, it's your bread and butter and you wont have time to fight with some dealer in Podunk America over whether or not your mod caused the failure.

Just my .02, but that's why I am waiting till I hit 100K mi before I dick with modding on my truck.

And $48k on that truck ain't bad, you might could squeeze them for another grand or 2 but that's going to be about it.

Good luck!
if i was to take it off i would definitely keep it for re-sale
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #40
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Originally Posted by MegaCabMan View Post
WOW! classic old school car dealership games. The place won't be in business long acting like that. In today's "information age" society you got to play the game on the up-and-up of your gonna be out.

Sorry to hear you got your time wasted...you should post this over on DT along with the Dealer's name so someone else doesn't get hosed.
I posted or RF and 3 of the guys told me that them people were crooked.. not to buy from them..

Like I said that place is a joke

"Oilfield Outlaw"