Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > OklaRams.com - Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club Forum > Upcoming events

Upcoming events Upcoming Club meets and Car shows

Old 09-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

Default Local Car Shows

i figured it will be easier for us to start out with local events so here are some upcoming from various areas in OK. i will be attending this one

Sept 25th Owasso, OK Fifth Annual Friendship Baptist Car & Bike Show &Shine
14100 E. 86th St. North, ; Registration: 1pm; Entry Fee $5; Show & Shine Starts at 2pm; 1st and 2nd place awards will be given in six different catatgories. All procedes will go to Tulsa Mission Needs. Concession will be available. email: [email protected] or call 918-272-2003
Old 09-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

here are some of the upcoming ones and a link to the site i got them from. if any of the tulsa guys see one they like or know of one that isnt here let us know. Thanks Mike

http://www.route66cruisersok.org/carshow.htm

Sept 30th - Oct 1st Claremore, OK Route 66 Cruisers Car Club of Claremore Swap Meet Will Rogers Round Up Club Rodeo Grounds 13601 E. 480 Rd. (East Blue Starr Dr.) Same Directions as to Claremore Lake 30 ft. X 30 ft. spaces $ 30.00 for the 2 days Larger Spaces Available Information 918-284-5186 See Flyer

Oct 1st Jenks, OK Green Country Classic Mustangs Ford Powered Car Show Jenks Aquarium More Details to follow Visit their Website

Oct 1st Mounds, OK Mounds Car Show downtown Mounds information (918) 827-1047 see Flyer

Oct 1st Miami, Ok 3rd annual Car Show Endless Memories Car Club at Miami Fair Grounds on South Main. Contact Butch (918) 964-0556 or visit Website

Oct 1st Tulsa, Ok Tulsa Bible Church is having its 2nd Annual Fall Festival and Car Show. There is no cost for the event and there is free food, drinks and fun for the whole family. The event is on Saturday, October 1, 2011 from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM. email address ([email protected]). If you or any of your club members have any questions, don't hesitate to ask via this email address or at 918-605-5426. Thanks for your time and I hope to see you there! See show Flyer

Oct 1st Tulsa, OK 2nd Annual Victory Christian Center Car and Motorcycle Show 7700 S. Lewis, Ave, 9am-1pm Registration 7:30AM Day of Show $20; Early $15 Phone 918-298-2202

Oct 1st Fredonia, Ks 30th Annual Homecoming Day Fun Run for More info contact (620) 378-2600 or see Flyer

Oct 1st Anderson, Mo The Anderson Betterment Club is hosting a car show on Saturday, from Noon to 6 on Main Street in . Registration starts at noon, with dash plaques going to the first 50 entrants. Entry fees are $5.00 per entry before the show, $10.00 per entry day of show.
This will be a people's choice show. There will be six prize categories: Best In Class Truck - modified & original; Best In Class Car-modified & original; Best In Show-modified & original.
We will also be holding a 50/50 split the pot drawing, with proceeds from the drawing going to the Anderson Betterment Club. The show will be held in conjunction with the Smoke on the Water BBQ cookoff contest being held right down the street from our show. It promises to be an event filled with great food and fun! Attached is a flier/entry form with more information. Feel free to print it, copy it and get it out to your fellow car club enthusiasts. You can fill out the form and mail it back to the ABC at the address listed. It is also found on our website at www.andersonbetterment.org.
If you would like more information from us, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. See flyer

Oct 1st Stillwater, OK Downtown Car Show Main Street between 6th and 12th Avenues $20 Entry Fee Day of 10am – 2pm Sept 30 Cruise In at the Boom a Rang 6pm–9pm Info call Angela McLaughlin 405.742.8359 [email protected] http://www.stillwatercarshow.com

Oct 1st Dewar, Ok Harvest Festival Car Show contact Jim (918) 810-2454 See Flyer

Oct 1st Owasso, OK Computer Troubleshooters / Interstate Battery Show and Shine 7703 N. Owasso Expressway 1-5PM Contact Jason Parkman 918.609.8222
Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

I'll be going to the Claremore show the RT 66 cruisers are hosting Sept 24th at Claremore lake. It's a great setting and theres plenty to do if you don't want to sit at the show all day. For a very nominal fee you can fish, and there is plenty of food and entertainment.

Last year an area off road club also had a display at the same park. Most all the vehicles were far more serious than mine.

Not many Rams there either...I won my class (off road 4x4) and got a cool plaque.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

my wife has actually encouraged me to enter a show, i am self conscious about my truck.

that does look like a fun one. i never even knew claremore had a lake and i was born there
Old 09-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
my wife has actually encouraged me to enter a show, i am self conscious about my truck.

that does look like a fun one. i never even knew claremore had a lake and i was born there
Y'know..I can appreciate the feeling. My truck has tons of "Arizona pinstripping" on it yet. There are other flaws as well. It isn't filled with plushy carpet, leather appointments, braided fluid hoses or flames. But it is clean...which brings me to my next point.

I assure you that these types of shows are not how shall I carefully put this....ISCA type shows. I've never seen the judges spend more than a minute looking over any vehicle. I've never seen ONE even glance at my suspension mods, and they probably wouldn't know a disconnect from a limit strap. Which brings me to my final pont.

These shows, for most of the participants, are not about trophies. They're about hanging with your friends, eating fattening foods, laughing and joking, checking out the ladies (if your're a guy) and getting away from it all. It's for dreaming of those big mods, talking sports, drinking beer, talking cars or kids or anything or nothing at all. That's what car shows used to be about, and if it weren't for those kinds of entrants there would be no shows today.
Oh sure there are serious dudes there, but for a 10 buck trophy or plaque? I'm thrilled to win a cool door prize.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 09-16-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
916Timmy
Hemi Gangsta!!!!

It's nicer than mine! Go for it....you might be plesently surprised!!!

BellTech 963SP / InTune / Volant / Fastman / Magnaflow / Moroso AOS / 180 T-Stat / Mech Fan Delete & V-6 E-Fan / Amsoil
14.574 @ 97.82 3.21 gears, full street trim, 5120 pounds on the scale!!!
916Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

As you can see by this post, I didn't get to Claremore today. Slept late and didn't feel well when I got up.
There's a car show in Mounds next Saturday and I am going to try and make that.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

that sucks that looked like fun. im still on for tomorrow for the one here in owasso. should be nice
Old 09-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Maybe I'll drive up and walk around. What time does the show end?
Old 09-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

It was only for a few hours. Not too long. Shine started at 2, im on my fone or I would look