Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Default I need calm, level headed advice...

You might have seen this on FB...if so, I'm sorry:

I need some advice from my logical, level-headed friends.

Today I dropped my truck off at Norman CJD for some warranty work. I dropped the truck off at 8:45am and left in a loaner. I left the truck there for a horn not working, driver side rear window rattling when the door is opened and shut, and a fog light out of alignment. Those are the only complaints I told the service writer.

At 10:15am a good, local friend (Matt/nightmatt) of mine sent me a test message with a picture of my truck in front of a Papa Johns. There is a 7-11 next door and he stated that he saw a technician walk out of 7-11 with a drink and get into my truck.

I immediately put a call in to the service manager and, as calmly as I could, asked for an explanation. He said he would call me back after asking some questions. I received a call a few minutes later from my service writer who, I believe, is simply covering for a technician's bad decision.

He stated that the technician was out driving the truck to check for the window rattle. I immediately corrected him and reminded him that I never said anything about rattling while driving, only when opening and shutting the door. I then asked him what stopping at 7-11 had to do with a diagnosis. He actually said to me, "Well, it was a bad decision, but, you know, these guys don't have much time to get out during the day, so he probably just stopped for a drink." I'm sorry...but don't they get a lunch break? Don't they have personal vehicles or even a dealership vehicle of some kind?

I was so irritated I left the conversation open and told him we could talk about it when I pick the truck up. What would you do?

Last edited by BMRbrnSNRbrd; 08-31-2012 at 12:22 PM.
BMRbrnSNRbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

That shit is bananas dude..... I've never had anything like that happen. I would get ahold of RAM and explain this to them buddy.

Make it known, That is shady stuff right there

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

If they had no reason to be driving my truck around... I'd go ballistic! if it's not yours, DON'T F***IN TOUCH IT! I'd make them detail the entire truck. Like they were about to sell it top to bottom, front to back. Undercarriage and everything and once that was done I MIGHT not call corporate and report that crap. Did he have a cover on your seat? Did he have the floor Mat covered? Because I know his shoes and clothes weren't clean when he was burning your fuel up running all over creation..... Just my .02
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

"America is all about speed. hot,nasty,badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
1Tuff6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Graygoose
new but not Newb

Oh I'd be irrate as well....

Graygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

That's really ridiculous. If I were you I would demand some sort of compensation without the threat of repercussion. If they compensate you thoroughly then just cool down and forget it happened. If not.. Inform them that you will be taking action and then dont back down from that stance
Old 08-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

On a side note.... I too would be pissed off beyond belief
Old 08-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Dude......... I'll be bringing my shank down with me.....

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

That would piss me off just like you are... Imo, I say go up there, do a thorough look around the truck to make sure they didn't mess anything up and give them some hell. If it were me, I'd make them give me a vouchure for at least a full tank of gas.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
916Timmy
Hemi Gangsta!!!!

At least get some gas out of them!

BellTech 963SP / InTune / Volant / Fastman / Magnaflow / Moroso AOS / 180 T-Stat / Mech Fan Delete & V-6 E-Fan / Amsoil
14.574 @ 97.82 3.21 gears, full street trim, 5120 pounds on the scale!!!
916Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

WOW!

Customer care, ettiquete and consideration has really hit a new low. Along with butt coverage. You'll sure know if the stereo is canked or there's drink stains in the cup holders!

Is/was the mileage recorded when you dropped if off? And who is responsible for damage and theft while it is parked off lot especially when you the owner signs a release?

I can't fault the guy for a quick test drive, but stopping in a public place for an unscheduled break is whole another story! I mean, does your truck look like you swill slurppees in it regularly?

I'd ask to speak to the servivce managers boss or the dealer owner. I wouldn't bother with your writer. Ask he/she if this is common practice for thier employees to stop for breaks and bring beverages into the vehicle during test drives. If anyone gets snide, calmly let them know you'll be bring it to the attention of Ram, the BBB and maybe a local TV station.

I don't know if I'd let them touch my truck again, but a gas voucher would be a nice idea.

Raving like a lunatic usually gets you something but being calm but insistent may get you farther.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 08-31-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote