Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #131
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

Well the insurance company just offered me $6300 minus the 500 dollar deductable for my truck. Not a chance in this world I'm agreeing to that amount. It's ridiculous how much they'll low ball you. They only wanna pay $5800 for a truck that I've had full coverage on for four years and could have EASILY sold it for $10k+. Pullin stuff like that ain't gonna fly just because I'm a 19 year old kid. Even the kbb value is $8360 and the nada value is $9100. So I may be without a vehicle a little longer than i'd hoped but I refuse to be takin advantage of to the point that I only receive HALF the value of a truck on FULL coverage.

Last edited by DoubleTakeDodge; 02-09-2012 at 12:39 AM.
DoubleTakeDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #132
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Yeah man fight it and get everything you can. I hate how insurance does that crap, its so stupid.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #133
DoubleTakeDodge
James

We didn't even entertain the thought.

Last edited by DoubleTakeDodge; 02-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #134
myoung84
Super Moderator

KBB and NADA mean absolutely nothing these days. Good luck with the insurance company, they will be almost impossible to fight...

That would be a good settlement if they let you keep it. You could make a lot back by parting it out...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #135
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
That would be a good settlement if they let you keep it. You could make a lot back by parting it out...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. But I'm not going to settle for that little without keeping the truck, I may be a kid but that doesn't make me an idiot.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #136
Matt
SRT-10 Member

KBB and NADA mean absolutely nothing these days. Good luck with the insurance company, they will be almost impossible to fight...

this ....

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. But I'm not going to settle for that little without keeping the truck, I may be a kid but that doesn't make me an idiot.
kid or not and how long and how much you've paid for insurance means very little they have a computerized system that pays out what they think it's worth ...

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
Well the insurance company just offered me $6300 minus the 500 dollar deductable for my truck. Not a chance in this world I'm agreeing to that amount. It's ridiculous how much they'll low ball you. They only wanna pay $5800 for a truck that I've had full coverage on for four years and could have EASILY sold it for $10k+. Pullin shit like that ain't gonna fly just because I'm a 19 year old kid. Even the kbb value is $8360 and the nada value is $9100. So I may be without a vehicle a little longer than i'd hoped but I refuse to be takin advantage of to the point that I only receive HALF the value of a truck on FULL coverage.
so if kbb and nada value the truck 8300-9100 how would you sell it for 10k plus? .. i haven't seen many vehicles in the past few years sell for more than what they list i myself have paid less and gotten less than nada on every vehicle i have bought or sold

what is your year/mileage/engine/package? 10k seems awfully high ... my buddy is selling his single cab hemi 04 for 5500
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #137
myoung84
Super Moderator

Another example. My 2010 stickered for 38k, I paid around 29k for it. 2 years and 49k miles later, blue book trade in excellent condition was 21.5k. I got 18k for it... Value dropped 50% of sticker in 2 years...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #138
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Originally Posted by Matt View Post
so if kbb and nada value the truck 8300-9100 how would you sell it for 10k plus?
I have had two offers for the truck at $10,500 and $10,200 since June. I had no intentions of letting the truck go so i didn't take the offers as i have much more than that invested. It takes a little longer but if you can find someone who really likes everything you've done to the truck in the aftermarket field you can also get them to pay aftermarket value for many of the parts so that they don't have to pay for and install the parts on a different vehicle. Also, not letting the one-of-a-kind hood go with the truck without an extra thousand on top helps. I may only be able to get that much bone stock but I do know for a fact I could have gotten $10k.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #139
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Another example. My 2010 stickered for 38k, I paid around 29k for it. 2 years and 49k miles later, blue book trade in excellent condition was 21.5k. I got 18k for it... Value dropped 50% of sticker in 2 years...
Yeah, depreciation is really sucks. But it affects newer vehicles much more and quickly than one that's a little older. Also to get more it helps if you're willing to wait to sell.

Last edited by DoubleTakeDodge; 02-05-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #140
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Originally Posted by Matt View Post
kid or not and how long and how much you've paid for insurance means very little they have a computerized system that pays out what they think it's worth ...
My family does have a fair amount of experience fighting the insurance company and i also have a friend who fought for a couple months and wound up getting nearly double their original offer. I'm not trying to push it to that extreme where i'm getting alot more than I should.

Last edited by DoubleTakeDodge; 02-21-2012 at 02:33 PM.