Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things that have nothing to do with Dodge Rams.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Fucking extended warranty company...

When I changed Sarah's oil the last time I removed the engine beauty cover and forgot to reinstall it. When I drove the car the next day, the amount of valve ticking noise was horrendous. It was most likely being insulated by the beauty cover, which does have noise dampening material on it's underside.

Anyway, we dropped her car off yesterday because it's covered under an extended warranty until 90k miles and we're only at about 56k. Today, they called me and told me that two of the rocker arms were damaged which caused damage to other parts. This shouldn't be a problem as he said it just seems like they failed and all internall lubricated parts are covered under our warranty.

However, the dealership told me that the extended warranty company told them that they will not cover the repair until they send their own representative out to check it out and verify the damage and also th check the lubrication. I'm assuming they want to make sure that the oil is changed regularly. That's the part that scares me. I do change it on a regular basis but I feel like this leaves the door open for them to simply deny the claim.

On top of all that, we are only covered for five days of rental reimbursement. If I get Sarah a rental on Sunday evening, I'll burn two of the five days before the inspector even gets there, let alone however long the repair will take.

I'm irritated.