Thread: Uh oh...
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #34
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
Um, I'm not too crazy about the jack stands on top of the ramps. Seems a little sketchy to me, I'd hate for your head to get crushed...
Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
I just saw this too and was about to say somethin. Be careful man!!! hate for you to get crushed by the ass end of your own truck!
Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
...yeah, I saw that too.
Originally Posted by 916Timmy View Post
Big no no! I hope you saved money by doing all this swapping, you could have got gears for about 200 bucks. I would have gone to 4.10s for the trouble
I didn't say anything ...not that it would have mattered. Hell you can use bricks, pallets, cement blocks, even stacked 2x4's if you want...but I'm not gettin' under the farkin' truck!
I can only imagine the rave off my dad would've spewed on me or my brother if we'd have done that.
RIP pa, I got lots of stands...

I've never seen a set of steel ramps yet that can't be crushed...except ones I've welded braces into and then they weigh about 40 lbs each. It would probably be a good idea to take some of the money you saved and invest in a pair of 4t or 6t stands. Ok...enough said. The rear is under the truck and no one was killed...this time.

Tim...not to downplay 4:10s...but the difference between them and 3:92s is about 140 rpm @ 65 mph. Your factory tach is probably off that much!

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 09-20-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote