View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #116
myoung84
Super Moderator

Spent the last two hours at the dealer doing paperwork. I didn't do anything last Friday because they were trying to figure out my USAA $1000 rebate. Told me to take it home for the weekend and do the paperwork Monday. They got the rebate crap figured out this morning and I did all the paperwork at lunch. My wife will have to go in this evening to sign a few things and I still have to turn over the Power Wagon, but more or less done.

The finance guy pissed me off like they always do. I was already pre-approved for a local credit union so that made it a bit easier. Then he goes into all the adders for warranties, including truck warranty, windshield, tires and wheels, interior protection, exterior protection, dent warranty, etc. I don't know how many times I told him I didn't want ANYTHING extra added to it. I will finance the truck and nothing more. I haven't been pissed off through this entire process until this guy. He kept asking stupid shit like "What if you crack a windshield?" In the past 3 Rams over 6 years I have replaced ZERO windshields, and if I do crack one, I'll buy a new one. "What if you scratch the paint?" I'll touch it up. What really did me in was when he asked "What if your kid tears a seat, can you replace that yourself?" First off, if my 10 month old daughter is carrying around something to tear a seat, we've got bigger problems. Second, it's none of your damn business what I can and can't replace. I make my living selling equipment and I can tell you if I was that pushy, I wouldn't have any customers left...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote