View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #27
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

After spending some money fixing my bike, I decided this week that it was time to get back to the truck. Last week I dropped my tailgate, fuel door, and interior plastics all off to my painter (the good one I use, not the guy I gave a shot a while back) so that he could fix the mistakes made by someone else. Today I got all of them back. There will be better pictures to follow of all pieces, but here is the interior parts since no one has seen them done:

I also had my Magnaflow Y-Pipe installed today that I won from a DodgeTalk Facebook giveaway. While I was there, I discussed with the exhaust guy that I didn't like the way the crossover pipe went under the trans pan. We agreed that it would make servicing the transmission a pain and that it couldn't help keeping transmission temps down with all that exhaust heat running right under it. We came up with a plan to move the y-pipe back about eight inches and run the crossover pipe back:

Factory design with "d-ports:"

Done with Magnaflow y-pipe and crossover pipe moved back:

That is it for now. I'm going to start using this thread to update instead of making new threads each time. Right now the plans are to add some painted door inserts to pull the doors into the overall interior look and then to custom paint the wheels.