View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

A few weeks after the last photo, I tore up one of my truxus tires on a powered rock climb. This would not be the first issue I would have with these tires...actually 2002 was going to be a rough year for me...after this I was backing out of my work parking lot and hooked my front bumper under a concrete light pole pylon. Needed a new chrome bumper, but had them reuse my top piece of trim even though it was damaged. A reminder to be careful. I pretty much damage this truck more on the street than off road!

Oh...never again will intercos grace my truck and 4wp...can shove it!

Where was I...ah yes 2002. I decided to move from Mesa to Phoenix to be closer to my FT job, and leave a failed after marrage relationship. Got a decent place about 2 miles from the office.
In this photo you can see that while mud isn't easy to find in the Desert, when you find it it is A.just as fun to drive through and B. smells horrid. So I'm on my way to the car wash for a quick hosing off!

I'd said earlier that 2002 would be a challenging year...and it continued. I didn't listen to my spotter while climbing a rock with a protuding ledge and SSCCCCRRRAAPPPPPPPPEEE! Always wait for your spotter!

I would make one more major off road trip through box canyon to Martinez cabin then over to the coke ovens. This is the start of the trip. It was an all day affair and incredibly beautiful and scenic. ..and now off limits to offroaders thanks to a few azz hats who vandalized the properties. It also addresses the need for the truck to have more lift...The rear leafs were laying on the overloads and the truck nearly beat me to death!

That's about all for tonight folks, I'll add a few posts tomorrow.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 09-26-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote